Playback goes choppy
(2013-08-27, 00:24)steelman1991 Wrote: Try turning off 'sync playback to display'.

Tried that, no effect.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte BRIX mini pc with intel HD Graphics 4000 and I am experiencing the same issue. Every 10 seconds it stutters.
It would be great if you could share the following information.

Are you using an AV receiver ? (which one)
Me: Onkyo TX-NR626
Can you post your audio and video settings ?
Are you using HDMI cable's ?
What kind of TV do you use ?
Me: Samsung 55" LED smart tv

Thanks for the info.

Grtz

Tomaz
At this point a proper debug log posted to a paste bin and linked back to this thread is needed. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

My presumption has been that all media is local to your machine and not on a NAS or server?

Give this a shot in your advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>1000</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
</advancedsettings>
My media is not local. It's located on a NAS.

Thanks for the reply , I'll try that setting.
(2013-08-28, 14:47)Tomaz Wrote: Hi,

I have a Gigabyte BRIX mini pc with intel HD Graphics 4000 and I am experiencing the same issue. Every 10 seconds it stutters.
It would be great if you could share the following information.

Are you using an AV receiver ? (which one)
Me: Onkyo TX-NR626
Can you post your audio and video settings ?
Are you using HDMI cable's ?
What kind of TV do you use ?
Me: Samsung 55" LED smart tv

Thanks for the info.

Grtz

Tomaz

You are facing a different issue.
I can watch my series for hours and hours without any problems.
Sometimes when I start a new episode, it stutters and I can fix it by fast forward and back to the start.
I surely don't have a stutter every 10 seconds.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
What version of the HD4000 drivers are you both using? I had all sorts of strange issues with the video on my i5 NUC (HD4000) until I tracked down a set of the older drivers, the ones that actually still allowed custom resolutions.

Bill
(2013-08-28, 17:10)mrfattbill Wrote: What version of the HD4000 drivers are you both using? I had all sorts of strange issues with the video on my i5 NUC (HD4000) until I tracked down a set of the older drivers, the ones that actually still allowed custom resolutions.

Bill

Don't know the version number, but they are the latest from ASRock, but they can't be the cause of the problem, if it was a driver issue, I would not be able to fix it with fast forward.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
Afaik you should still use these drivers (2932) http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/inte...nload.html on HD4000. Everything after that is worse for XBMC.

Unfortunatly it doesn't help the haswell users who don't have a real working driver as of yet. 3214 beta drivers are best so far for that family.
Try creating a advancedsettings.xml (wiki) with:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<fpsdetect>2</fpsdetect>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
(2013-08-29, 10:17)laric Wrote: Afaik you should still use these drivers (2932) http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/inte...nload.html on HD4000. Everything after that is worse for XBMC.

Unfortunatly it doesn't help the haswell users who don't have a real working driver as of yet. 3214 beta drivers are best so far for that family.

Those would be the ones, took me a while to track them down, lol.

Bill
So, nothing on this one anymore?
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
(2013-09-05, 19:13)XBMCLuver Wrote: So, nothing on this one anymore?

I did tell you that the 2932 drivers do work fine and should remove the bad playback. The newer drivers are not better they are worse.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback goes choppy0