TV Show Season/Specials Order
Only very few of those are available via builtins. If it is not available as a builtin (see our builtins wiki page) then it´s either not possible or requires a script to do those changes via JSON.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2015-07-24, 01:43)phil65 Wrote: Only very few of those are available via builtins. If it is not available as a builtin (see our builtins wiki page) then it´s either not possible or requires a script to do those changes via JSON.

Unfortunate more of these options can't be added to difference places, but I was able to re-map the 'C' button on my remote for easier access to the Context Menu. Not the way I'd like it to work but still a better solution than I had before

Thanks!
I have another question I hope someone can help with.

On the main menu I have several custom options based on smart playlists. For the general "movies" button I have an infoline which displays the total number of movies, same for TV shows. Is there a way to obtain the same info through the playlist parameters? When I'm in the actual playlist I can obtain the number but I don't know if the main mrnu can "look forward" to see the contents of the playlist before opening it.

Again, thanks!
(2015-07-27, 10:07)Dave the Minion Wrote: I have another question I hope someone can help with.

On the main menu I have several custom options based on smart playlists. For the general "movies" button I have an infoline which displays the total number of movies, same for TV shows. Is there a way to obtain the same info through the playlist parameters? When I'm in the actual playlist I can obtain the number but I don't know if the main mrnu can "look forward" to see the contents of the playlist before opening it.

Again, thanks!

If you are talking about Aeon Nox 5 or my modded version of it then you can select "media type" playlist statistics for the infoline in the main menu customizer. Unfortunately if you are asking skin specific questions the better place to ask would be the corresponding thread cause the skinner can choose from a wide range of options and services to display this kind of stuff.
(2015-07-27, 10:24)mikesilvo164 Wrote: If you are talking about Aeon Nox 5 or my modded version of it then you can select "media type" playlist statistics for the infoline in the main menu customizer. Unfortunately if you are asking skin specific questions the better place to ask would be the corresponding thread cause the skinner can choose from a wide range of options and services to display this kind of stuff.

I have tried setting this but it doesn't seem to display anything. As I attempt to learn all this stuff I'm also trying to understand who strings work and such to as they can get very confusing very fast. I do like taking things "apart" and seeing how they work then putting them back together again with my own tweaks from what I've learnt. Used to do that with Star Wars toys way back when. Mine were awesome while other's just made that silly motor gear on a piece of plastic sound.
(2015-07-27, 10:32)Dave the Minion Wrote: I have tried setting this but it doesn't seem to display anything. As I attempt to learn all this stuff I'm also trying to understand who strings work and such to as they can get very confusing very fast. I do like taking things "apart" and seeing how they work then putting them back together again with my own tweaks from what I've learnt. Used to do that with Star Wars toys way back when. Mine were awesome while other's just made that silly motor gear on a piece of plastic sound.

I just double-checked how it works so I can hopefully explain things better than the last time... If you select a playlist as in go to setup the main menu then choose the item (movies, custom 1, whatever...) and select video library > playlist you can then choose that playlist and after you set that up go to infoline then select that type (Movie, tv show, music video) and it should populate the correct numbers as long as they are in your library and are a working smartplaylist. An example would be Top 250, select video library > playlist > Top250 or whatever the name is then just choose movie playlist statistics under infoline.
(2015-07-27, 10:44)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 10:32)Dave the Minion Wrote: I have tried setting this but it doesn't seem to display anything. As I attempt to learn all this stuff I'm also trying to understand who strings work and such to as they can get very confusing very fast. I do like taking things "apart" and seeing how they work then putting them back together again with my own tweaks from what I've learnt. Used to do that with Star Wars toys way back when. Mine were awesome while other's just made that silly motor gear on a piece of plastic sound.

I just double-checked how it works so I can hopefully explain things better than the last time... If you select a playlist as in go to setup the main menu then choose the item (movies, custom 1, whatever...) and select video library > playlist you can then choose that playlist and after you set that up go to infoline then select that type (Movie, tv show, music video) and it should populate the correct numbers as long as they are in your library and are a working smartplaylist. An example would be Top 250, select video library > playlist > Top250 or whatever the name is then just choose movie playlist statistics under infoline.

Would you mind elaborating on what this is getting Kodi to do for the info line? It's always best to understand how it works as opposed to simply have the system do it itself.

Thanks!
(2015-07-27, 10:51)Dave the Minion Wrote: Would you mind elaborating on what this is getting Kodi to do for the info line? It's always best to understand how it works as opposed to simply have the system do it itself.

Thanks!

That would be an overly long explanation because that particular function is handled by one of the required scripts of Nox 5 (service.library.data.provider) to better understand the workings of that script, its GitHub page would be the best place to start (you are now asking for explanations of a python script and how it works so that is a tall request IMHO).
(2015-07-27, 10:58)mikesilvo164 Wrote: That would be an overly long explanation because that particular function is handled by one of the required scripts of Nox 5 (service.library.data.provider) to better understand the workings of that script, its GitHub page would be the best place to start (you are now asking for explanations of a python script and how it works so that is a tall request IMHO).

Oh I see, that does sound much more involved. I might look into it tomorrow. Brain is fried for tonight.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Season/Specials Order0