TV Show Season/Specials Order
Hi all. I am curious if there is a way to move the TV Shows "Specials" season to first in the season order, rather than last. Or even an option to have it either/or?

Thanks!
I thought it was possible using the advancedsettings but apparently not.
(2015-07-15, 23:27)Hitcher Wrote: I thought it was possible using the advancedsettings but apparently not.

I'm not certain if it's a Kodi thing or based on the skin. My hypothesis is that it's just part of the coding for the seasons order that says season00 goes after season99. Thing is most of the shows I have specials for those specials come before the show, prequels or what have you.
It's definitely handled by Kodi and skins can't change it.
I don't want to keep making new threads but I have a couple other questions about skinning and Hitcher kindly suggested I ask in this section.

First, undertanding ListItems through the wiki can be tricky. On the TV Show info screen (DialogVideoInfo) I would like to see the Genre for that show, which is information contained in the TVShow XML not the current ListItem. I don't know if I need a StringCompare or Container control or something. All my experimenting hasn't achieved any positive result.

Second, in the player info screen for a TV Show I can have the specific season poster artwork displayed. However, I can not get it to work for Specials season (S00). Trying to work through what the player returns for both season and episode from the nfo the player returns no season and episode number of S##. I've tried to force the poster for the "specials" if the player season IsEmpty but the nfo does have a season, 00, and the player "sees" that but it doesn't show 00.

So I'm pretty stumped on these 2 items. Any thoughts or further advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Came across another issue I can't seem to figure out the source of. The Page Up and Down buttons usually move the list 1 full page. So if you have 15 items on a page and press Page Down you move all 15 items "up" and the next 15 items are displayed. I have a screen that's only moving 6 items "down" rather than a full page. But for the life of me I have no idea where the settings for the page up/down controls are in a skin.

Thanks!
Is there a better way/place to ask my help questions? I do my best to search out answers before making such posts but some things just don't click or aren't out there already. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
These questions might be better off in Skinning.
Moved
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-07-16, 20:53)Dave the Minion Wrote: I don't want to keep making new threads but I have a couple other questions about skinning and Hitcher kindly suggested I ask in this section.

First, undertanding ListItems through the wiki can be tricky. On the TV Show info screen (DialogVideoInfo) I would like to see the Genre for that show, which is information contained in the TVShow XML not the current ListItem. I don't know if I need a StringCompare or Container control or something. All my experimenting hasn't achieved any positive result.

Second, in the player info screen for a TV Show I can have the specific season poster artwork displayed. However, I can not get it to work for Specials season (S00). Trying to work through what the player returns for both season and episode from the nfo the player returns no season and episode number of S##. I've tried to force the poster for the "specials" if the player season IsEmpty but the nfo does have a season, 00, and the player "sees" that but it doesn't show 00.

So I'm pretty stumped on these 2 items. Any thoughts or further advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Genre isn't available in the video info screen.

Season posters aren't available in the player info screen - http://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#Images_...le_in_Kodi
(2015-07-17, 10:38)Dave the Minion Wrote: Came across another issue I can't seem to figure out the source of. The Page Up and Down buttons usually move the list 1 full page. So if you have 15 items on a page and press Page Down you move all 15 items "up" and the next 15 items are displayed. I have a screen that's only moving 6 items "down" rather than a full page. But for the life of me I have no idea where the settings for the page up/down controls are in a skin.

Thanks!
Need to see code for this one.
Is there not a string that will look at the TV Show container for the genre? I know I can 'look back' at things higher-up in the chain for other things but I have troubles understanding how it works exactly.

I do have season posters in the player info screen. I just can't get a poster for Specials (Season00) to work because the player doesn't return 00 for the current season and returns S## for the episode number.

What part of the code, from where, would control the pageup/down functions? I've looked through a few skins for such controls and don't see them at all.
I was able to figure out my season posters question, using the following variable.

Code:
        <value condition="IntegerGreaterThan(VideoPlayer.Season,0) + !IntegerGreaterThan(VideoPlayer.Season,9)">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Season,../season0,-poster.jpg]</value>
        <value condition="IntegerGreaterThan(VideoPlayer.Season,9)">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Season,../season,-poster.jpg]</value>
        <value condition="!IntegerGreaterThan(VideoPlayer.Season,0)">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]../season00-poster.jpg</value>
        <value>$INFO[Player.Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>

Season posters appear on the video player info screen correctly now, including Specials or Season00.

Still hoping to figure out something for my other 2 inquiries.

Thanks!
You could set the genre as a window property that's then used in video info.
(2015-07-23, 18:16)Hitcher Wrote: You could set the genre as a window property that's then used in video info.

How would I go about doing that? I'm sure the code will be very familiar to me once I see it but thus far all the experimenting I've done hasn't worked. Hence the inquiry.
Another question I can't seem to find an answer to through searching.

The DialogContextMenu for a movie on the main movie menu (or TV SHows for that matter) has a number of options like Edit Playlist, Add to Favorites, Mark as Watched plus a sub-menu with Edit Title, Edit Sort Title, Link to TV Show and so on. I would like to have some of these option available from the movie info screen as accessing the context menu from my remote control on the couch doesn't work. Thus far I've been unable to find where Kodi or the Skin obtains the contents of these lists, or a listing in the Wiki of these commands that I can just code to new buttons. Again, all help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Season/Specials Order0