Lucid Lynx
solitaire Wrote:derchris & pFranzen

what graphics card / drivers you using?

Acer Revo R3610, Nvidia 9400 (ION), with latest Nvidia drivers 195
Well I am using VirtualBox right now and just created a new vm with 10.04 32bit so I will give it a try. I am only using VB until I get my old machine's files and stuff transferred to my new machine so that I can have a dedicated linux box and a windows box.

Thanks for all the input though.
I've installed from svn PPA on fresh 10.04 32bit pae - no joy. See the topic below.
Not quite sure if I should go for compiling it from sources - this is the thing I hate to do, especially on htpc which is not for every-week upgrades.
derchris Wrote:Acer Revo R3610, Nvidia 9400 (ION), with latest Nvidia drivers 195

Derchris,

Can you please confirm that you have hdmi and multi-channel audio working on Lucid and Nvidia 195? That would be a breakthrough as no one can get hdmi multichannel audio with 195 on the other threads...

Edit: Ok I saw in another thread that you had analog only. Got my answer.
ylagace Wrote:Derchris,

Can you please confirm that you have hdmi and multi-channel audio working on Lucid and Nvidia 195? That would be a breakthrough as no one can get hdmi multichannel audio with 195 on the other threads...

Edit: Ok I saw in another thread that you had analog only. Got my answer.

No, that has changed Wink
I now have Digital working, but only with the SVN.
So i have HDMI and Multi-Channel in Digital Smile
And it also fixed my stutter problem with using 23/59 hz settings.
so I got XBMC installed on my virtual machine and it seems to be working just fine, although it is a sluggish but I am assuming that it is because of my resources that I have allocated for the virtual machine. I will keep testing to see if all the features work.

BTW I installed 10.04 LTS 32bit and installed XBMC from ppa.
XBMC is now in the stable Lucid-PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...lter=lucid

Can anyone running Lucid confirm that it works?
I will work on it right now.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
FYI, there will likely be a new version soon with patches for drives not correctly mounting.

TheUni
olejon Wrote:XBMC is now in the stable Lucid-PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...lter=lucid

Can anyone running Lucid confirm that it works?

I just installed it and it works for me.

I have other issues with audio passthrough and HW video acceleration on my ATI HW but these are unrelated to this package.
seems to be good to go. thanks again.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
derchris Wrote:No, that has changed Wink
I now have Digital working, but only with the SVN.
So i have HDMI and Multi-Channel in Digital Smile
And it also fixed my stutter problem with using 23/59 hz settings.

Good news,

I will have to try this week-end. I tried rbonon method with Karmic earlier but it never worked. I might have skip the audio group setup however and now it appears to be critical. Did you follow any specific how-to when installing XBMC on Lucid?
I upgraded to lucid last night and had no problems compiling the latest SVN release. Works fine.

I don't use audio over HDMI, however.
N.Simpson Wrote:I just installed it and it works for me.

I have other issues with audio passthrough and HW video acceleration on my ATI HW but these are unrelated to this package.

Great. Can anyone confirm that VDPAU works in the stable PPA?
Didn't try it. Works in my compiled SVN, though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lucid Lynx0