• 4(current)
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon Version 2.0
I have been getting the "no valid channel data found" with custom playlists. This happens when I make a random smart playlist with specific tv shows in it. If I play the playlist in xbmc it finds the shows but that error shows up in TV Time.
Hi jtucker1972,

Thanks for this amazing addon! Nod
Unfortunately your latest and greatest doesnt want to play nice on my system. It constantly freezes in the same place when building the channels. Its always gets to 39% creating HBO channel and hangs. Cancel doesnt do anything either. I have toi end the XBMC Process to get control back. I think it may be something to do with .mkv files. I have a 720p Bluray Rip of Band of brothers and thats the last thing on the debug log. But dont quote me on that as I dont know any of that techy stuff...lol

Incidently I have the latest version of PseudoTV and I have no problems at all with it. I tried updating to nightlies to see if that was the problem, but the exact same problem comes up. I'm hoping my debug log will help you get to the root of the problem. I want my TV Time back!! Sad

I hope you can work some magic

Debug Log
Pete7 Wrote:I have been getting the "no valid channel data found" with custom playlists. This happens when I make a random smart playlist with specific tv shows in it. If I play the playlist in xbmc it finds the shows but that error shows up in TV Time.

I will need you to put it in debug mode and send me a debug log to help more.
Rastan Wrote:Hi jtucker1972,

Thanks for this amazing addon! Nod
Unfortunately your latest and greatest doesnt want to play nice on my system. It constantly freezes in the same place when building the channels. Its always gets to 39% creating HBO channel and hangs. Cancel doesnt do anything either. I have toi end the XBMC Process to get control back. I think it may be something to do with .mkv files. I have a 720p Bluray Rip of Band of brothers and thats the last thing on the debug log. But dont quote me on that as I dont know any of that techy stuff...lol

Incidently I have the latest version of PseudoTV and I have no problems at all with it. I tried updating to nightlies to see if that was the problem, but the exact same problem comes up. I'm hoping my debug log will help you get to the root of the problem. I want my TV Time back!! Sad

I hope you can work some magic

Debug Log

http://pastebin.com/zX6rnG33

I had the same problem with HBO freezing. I was able to troubleshoot it down to the show "Carnivàle" giving problems due to the "à". I renamed the show to just read "Carnivale" instead using a tvshow.nfo file and my problem was solved!

Hope this helps!
I apologize for what may be a dumb question, but how do I know if the plugin has hung or not? I hesitate to kill the XBMC prematurely if it is just a matter of waiting while the system builds its lists but I don't want to sit and stare at the wall all night either... :/

Obligatory log: http://pastebin.com/hErxm1wG

--bornagainpenguin
zachmo826 Wrote:I had the same problem with HBO freezing. I was able to troubleshoot it down to the show "Carnivàle" giving problems due to the "à". I renamed the show to just read "Carnivale" instead using a tvshow.nfo file and my problem was solved!

Hope this helps!

Zachmo826 Your a STAR!! It was the show "Carnivàle" causing the problems exactly how you said. Looks like I am going to have to use Media Companion to create a NFO for it without the special character. Weird how PseudoTV doesnt have this problem.

bornagainpengui, you can tell if XBMC has hung by the time it takes to build each channel. When I watch TV Time scanning each channel takes around 3-5 seconds to build. So if you see it still for a couple minutes or so there is a good chance it has crashed. Especially if it is in the same place as it was doing for me.

Again a big thanks to jtucker1972 and Jason102 for the excellent work with their addons. Extremely useful for people with big collections, my family and I are extremely grateful. Big Grin
Rastan Wrote:bornagainpenguin, you can tell if XBMC has hung by the time it takes to build each channel. When I watch TV Time scanning each channel takes around 3-5 seconds to build. So if you see it still for a couple minutes or so there is a good chance it has crashed. Especially if it is in the same place as it was doing for me.

It keeps freezing in the same places. On the ABC channel with alternately on The Nine (which I just removed when I realized it only had a single season and I really didn't care too much about) then again on Off the Map which I'm sill in the middle of catching up on. The strange thing is if I kill the XBMC it gets stuck on different episodes.

Not really sure what is happening. Sad

Also I have yet to see a single bumper. Does it matter if there are directories in the path name before the bumpers directory? (Ex D:/My Videos/Bumpers/CBS/)

--bornagainpenguin
bornagainpengui Wrote:I apologize for what may be a dumb question, but how do I know if the plugin has hung or not? I hesitate to kill the XBMC prematurely if it is just a matter of waiting while the system builds its lists but I don't want to sit and stare at the wall all night either... :/

--bornagainpenguin

I added a lot of dialog feedback. If the dialog doesn't update for say 30 seconds then it is a good indication that an error has caused it to hang.
I love the new updates in version 2. I was just wondering if you plan to bring back something along the lines of show unwatched episodes/movies only. That would complete it for me. Here's to hoping... My fingers are crossed Big Grin
jtucker1972 Wrote:I added a lot of dialog feedback. If the dialog doesn't update for say 30 seconds then it is a good indication that an error has caused it to hang.

That's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't just being too impatient. Thanks!

--bornagainpenguin
I've added an updated version which should fix the issue when importing custom channel lists. i believe this was the source of the no valid channels errors.

I still need to work on the other issue with some show names causing the encoding error.
Rastan,

You can do that now. In your playlists, add the rule:

<rule field="playcount" operator="lessthan">1</rule>

Mark
Rastan Wrote:I love the new updates in version 2. I was just wondering if you plan to bring back something along the lines of show unwatched episodes/movies only. That would complete it for me. Here's to hoping... My fingers are crossed Big Grin

If you go to the Channel Configuration tool, then the "Unwatched" option is there. You can now configure it for each channel.
bornagainpengui Wrote:I apologize for what may be a dumb question, but how do I know if the plugin has hung or not? I hesitate to kill the XBMC prematurely if it is just a matter of waiting while the system builds its lists but I don't want to sit and stare at the wall all night either... :/

--bornagainpenguin

I fixed the issue causing the error in your log file. Please download the latest version from the repository and let me know if you are still having issues. Thanks for posting the debug file.
mwkurt Wrote:Rastan,

You can do that now. In your playlists, add the rule:

<rule field="playcount" operator="lessthan">1</rule>

Mark

No need to create a custom playlist. This can all be done using the Channel Configuration wizard in Settings.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon Version 2.02