• 1(current)
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon Version 2.0
TV Time
Current Version: 2.2.22

Channel-surfing for XBMC (Modification of PseudoTV Add-on)
Download - (Currently in Beta)

TV Time Channel Logos - Hundreds of channel logos compiled from zepfan, some made by sranshaft and some made by myself.

Bumpers - Over a Gigabyte of TV Bumpers to use. If you would like to assist in adding bumpers please PM me.

TV Time is a modification of the ground-breaking XBMC add-on PseudoTV.

TV Time incorporates all the features of PseudoTV and adds several additional ones.

Feature Comparison by jtucker1972, on Flickr
I am releasing TV Time 2.0 for testing. I have not tested on Linux. I've tried to perform as much testing as possible before releasing this version. It's a complete rewrite based on Jason's latest version which I've modified pretty extensively to add a lot of new features. Please let me know if you have any issues. I am expecting some bugs considering the amount of changes.
jtucker1972,

Looking forward to trying this out later today. Thanks for all of the upgrades!
It looks fantastic.

Mark
Can you explain what some of these features are? Specifically, I would like to know about "Auto Tune Channels", "Channel Off Air Mode", and "Randomize TV Shows in Network Channel".

Perhaps trying it out would answer my questions, but I don't think work would appreciate me installing XBMC on their systems...
Jason102 Wrote:Can you explain what some of these features are? Specifically, I would like to know about "Auto Tune Channels", "Channel Off Air Mode", and "Randomize TV Shows in Network Channel".

Perhaps trying it out would answer my questions, but I don't think work would appreciate me installing XBMC on their systems...

Sure. I also added settings information in the README as well.

Auto Tune Channels basically uses the various "lists", TVInfo, MovieInfo and MusicInfo, to auto add the channels based on what genres, networks, etc. are returned. The user can select which types of channels to auto tune, e.g. TV Network, TV Genre, Movie Genre, Movie Studio, Music Genre, etc. I equate it to how you can have a TV auto scan for cable channels.

Channel Off Air allows a user to select an off air file to add to a channel in the event no files are found. I may change this to select a random file from a folder, but for now it was a quick add for a user request.

Randomize TV Shows in Network Channel does just that. My code does the building of the file lists a little different from PseudoTV. I wanted to ensure there was an even mix of shows to prevent one show from monopolizing the channel. To do this, I setup separate file lists for each TV Show in the TV Network channel. I then create a list of lists for the TV Network. If this setting is enabled, I shuffle the list of lists. I then loop through the lists and insert 1 show from each list into the final TV Network file list until the limit is reached.

Another thing I do to speed up performance is that I determine the limit for each tv show based on the channel limit divided by the number of tv shows. This way I am only processing the number of files I need for the channel. So if there were 10 tv shows for the network, TV Time will set the limit to 25 for each tv show playlist instead of 250. I differentiate the tv network show playlist from the tv show playlist in the generated folder so they do not overwrite each other. For example, network_abc_lost.xsp.
jtucker1972,

I am reading the read-me file and have a question regarding the "Off Air" Settings.
I understand that this will add a video file to the channel if no files are found for the channel. My question is in regards to the inserted video file. If I wanted to make on myself, what should the duration be? Will a 5 minute video be placed at 5 minute intervals to fill up the channel?

Thanks for this feature!
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:jtucker1972,

I am reading the read-me file and have a question regarding the "Off Air" Settings.
I understand that this will add a video file to the channel if no files are found for the channel. My question is in regards to the inserted video file. If I wanted to make on myself, what should the duration be? Will a 5 minute video be placed at 5 minute intervals to fill up the channel?

Thanks for this feature!
Mark

Yes. For now, the script will just insert it X times to fill the channel. Still thinking whether there is a better way. I am looking for more feedback on how best to implement this feature. If users what it to have the script pick a random file from an off air folder or whether the single file approach I have now is OK.
TV Time doesn't seem to like a Random playlist. I made a random smart playlist for movies with no restrictions. Then I added it to the custom movie genre. After that TV Time gets stuck on "getting video durations".

It works fine without this custom genre.

Also is there any way to add restrictions to the default genres? For example: a Comedy channel with no Children's movies.
I have about 30 or 40 Stephen King movies where I labeled the genre "Stephen King" and made a custom channel. For some reason these movies still show up on all the other channels and I would like to add the restriction "no Stephen King" to the default genres.
If not I will just make all custom genres.

Thanks. Great work.
I found the same behavior in both the 1.x and 2.x code. On Linux upon exiting (pressing stop), XBMC becomes non-responsive. Further remote actions are noted in the log but do not result in actual changes. Using multiple skins, I cannot navigate to other menu items after exiting TV Time.

I do love the new features and the script as a whole, though.
Pete7 Wrote:TV Time doesn't seem to like a Random playlist. I made a random smart playlist for movies with no restrictions. Then I added it to the custom movie genre. After that TV Time gets stuck on "getting video durations".

It works fine without this custom genre.

Also is there any way to add restrictions to the default genres? For example: a Comedy channel with no Children's movies.
I have about 30 or 40 Stephen King movies where I labeled the genre "Stephen King" and made a custom channel. For some reason these movies still show up on all the other channels and I would like to add the restriction "no Stephen King" to the default genres.
If not I will just make all custom genres.

Thanks. Great work.

Make sure you are using Version 2.0. I tested added a custom movie playlist set to random and it worked fine in the latest version.

As for the Steven King issue, you will have to create a custom playlist for that to exclude those.
GJones Wrote:I found the same behavior in both the 1.x and 2.x code. On Linux upon exiting (pressing stop), XBMC becomes non-responsive. Further remote actions are noted in the log but do not result in actual changes. Using multiple skins, I cannot navigate to other menu items after exiting TV Time.

Hopefully my tax refund will come in tomorrow so I can get a new laptop to better test on linux. I've seen this behavior before, but haven't seen it after fixing the threading issue on Version 2.0.
Dammit. Of course it was something as simple as that. I was using 1.02.
GJones Wrote:I found the same behavior in both the 1.x and 2.x code. On Linux upon exiting (pressing stop), XBMC becomes non-responsive. Further remote actions are noted in the log but do not result in actual changes. Using multiple skins, I cannot navigate to other menu items after exiting TV Time.

I ran the new code three times to be sure. Works fine for me. What linux are you running? Which xbmc?
Nothing to see here....
jtucker1972 Wrote:Hopefully my tax refund will come in tomorrow so I can get a new laptop to better test on linux. I've seen this behavior before, but haven't seen it after fixing the threading issue on Version 2.0.

Don't buy a whole laptop for that!!! Just buy a flash drive and run it off the flash drive!
Nothing to see here....
Is there any way that the MPAA ratings can be used to exclude some shows i.e. Family Guy which I find gets picked up because it is in both the 'Comedy' and 'Animation' genres as it is not really Family viewing.

Thanks a lot btw, this is an excellent plugin!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon Version 2.02