What is XBMCbuntu ?
Love it! Runs great. One question...I can't get my xbox remote to work with this install. Can someone please direct me in the right direction?? Thanks in advance.Shocked
Upgraded my machine and now running an AMD A4-3400. All installed nicely with the latest version of XBMCbuntu, but I've run in to some issues with stuttering playback. All seems fine and then something happens to keep the CPU usage up in the 100% no matter if I stop the file playing etc. Only way to get back normality is to reboot the machine.

Guessing I need to do some reading up on this.
running this XBMCubuntu for a day now, hdmi audio (interface and files) worked without any edits on my ASRock 330.

just did an apt-get update/upgrade and got:

Code:
The following packages have been kept back:
  libafpclient0 linux-generic linux-headers-generic linux-image linux-image-generic
The following packages will be upgraded:
  firefox-locale-en flashplugin-downloader flashplugin-installer gir1.2-gtk-3.0 icedtea-6-jre-cacao icedtea-6-jre-jamvm libgail-3-0 libgtk-3-0 libgtk-3-bin
  libgtk-3-common liblightdm-gobject-1-0 libpng12-0 libssl1.0.0 libvorbis0a libvorbisenc2 libvorbisfile3 lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter linux-libc-dev
  openjdk-6-jre-headless openjdk-6-jre-lib openssl update-manager-core
23 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
Need to get 28.0 MB/40.5 MB of archives.
After this operation, 12.3 kB disk space will be freed.

is is safe to do an OS upgrade (dist-upgrade) or will it break things like it used to?
you can go for it, it should not break the system - unless you have crystalHD.
What's the best way to remote log in to my XBMCbuntu desktop from another machine?

I want to install the Sabnzbd, Sickbeard and Couchpotato packages.
(2012-03-24, 23:52)silvine Wrote: I want to install the Sabnzbd, Sickbeard and Couchpotato packages.

I was playing, SAB, SB and CP install the same way. You can SSH from outside OR you can install it by exitting out to the xbmcbuntu screen. The Synaptic Package Mangler has SAB. it doesn't have SB but that is too easy to install from a terminal screen..havent played with CP. Best part, the ubuntu interface runs right there in the backgroundsudo You really don't need to SSH in at all. Chrome is installed so you can do all you setup from one system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is XBMCbuntu ?0