v17 After 9.93.2016 is installed but the interface is not launched
(2016-03-31, 10:29)dan1j3l Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 10:07)Koying Wrote: Yep, I'm all for bumping to 19, but not yet 21.
The only devices of interest left on the side of the road will be the rooted AFTV's, which are stuck on 17. Definitely not a showstopper...

I agree. Is Jenkins configured to to build android source with SDK > 17? If not there is some reconfiguration needed (new toolchain, updating sdk to platform-19, setting sdk to android-19, ...). I also used openjdk 1.8 without issues for latest build.

SDK = 17
NDK =10e

So yes we need to do some changes on our server however you could already PR and we can testbuild it to see if it really needs new toolchain installed.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-03-31, 10:07)Koying Wrote: Yep, I'm all for bumping to 19, but not yet 21.
The only devices of interest left on the side of the road will be the rooted AFTV's, which are stuck on 17. Definitely not a showstopper...

I agree. Is Jenkins configured to to build android source with SDK > 17? If not there is some reconfiguration needed (new toolchain, updating sdk to platform-19, setting sdk to android-19, ...). I also used openjdk 1.8 without issues for latest build.

It has to be checked if the SDK 19 is installed on Jenkins (@Memphiz ?), although just bumping the minimum SDK in the Manifest is enough for now.
JAVA JDK is irrelevant, really...

Did someone on API 19 actually tested joysticks with the patch?
(2016-03-31, 11:01)fritsch Wrote: With that we could also clean some special cases in JNI stuff, Sink and so on.

Original intent by theUni was to externalize the JNI lib, so those are still mostly relevant, really.
(2016-03-31, 11:11)Koying Wrote:

It has to be checked if the SDK 19 is installed on Jenkins (@Memphiz ?), although just bumping the minimum SDK in the Manifest is enough for now.

I didn't test joysticks (It was late and I was dead tired Smile ), but I can try today with PS4 and Xbox One gamepads.
(2016-03-31, 11:01)fritsch Wrote: But, but, but ... all the chinese boxes that don't receive firmware upgrades :-)
Ye... mock the poor people...
(2016-03-31, 11:11)Koying Wrote:

Thx to dan1j3l and his patience tomorrow's nightlies should have the fix included.
As of now you need Android 4.4
* MrMC turns up the dial to 21
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-03-31, 13:02)bobrooney Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 11:01)fritsch Wrote: But, but, but ... all the chinese boxes that don't receive firmware upgrades :-)
Ye... mock the poor people...

Huh?? The poor people with an HDTV and an android box and internet?

You don't have a single idea what "poor" means ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
hmm, a FireStick from Amazon is ~ $40 - cheaper than the chinese crap boxes, and guess what, it comes with Android 5

somebody told me a quote from his grandpa once and it nails it pretty good: "Do we really have the money to buy cheap?". If you buy cheap you likely buy twice and spend more money in the end than with buying a higher quality product. I followed that concept before I heard the quote and still do. If you buy cheap, you're not taking much care of the product, because it was cheap, so you end up buying new cheap crap frequently for two reasons (bad quality, less taking care) and only ever have crap. I still have my first smartphone, a HTC DesireS (5 years old by now I guess), and it still does the job, as it phones, runs messenger apps, mail, internet, navigation (rooted it and updated FW to Android 4.4). Yes, it's dated and slower on things, but so what, newer phone don't have any feature that really adds extra value over my current phone. And if you don't always run for the newest overpriced hype gadget and get a last years model, you get higher quality for same price or less.

So buying a decent TV box is not a matter of having enough money or not, it's a matter of sane decisions, setting a goal and enough patience to reach it.
People from Germany are explaining someone from Bosnia what poor means... ohh, sweet irony...

I don't want to drag this topic in total OT, so if you want, split this topic and I will gladly explain you what poor really means and what are standards by which you classified someone as poor.
If you are wanna argue about the most worthless piece of chinese crap instead of a proper device for the same amount of money you are totally oblivious to any logic.
Sorry, I don't understand. Which "proper device" you can buy instead of "most worthless piece of chinese crap" for the same amount of money?
You can buy Fire tv stick for only 50 GBP(british pounds) shipping included:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-AMAZON-FIR...SwPc9W0Ud6
Oh wait 1 GBP isn't $1 so the Fire tv stick is only about $71.
(2016-04-02, 18:00)bobrooney Wrote: Sorry, I don't understand. Which "proper device" you can buy instead of "most worthless piece of chinese crap" for the same amount of money?

I think you misunderstand the reference. They are not talking about Chinese people. They are talking about the clone/generic manufacturing of ARM tv boxes predominantly found in China. These boxes are sold globally and for many different prices. Most of those manufacturers have a minimal business, just to make the hardware and use some basic firmware. They don't have a support system in place for things like OTA updates, or even making the updated firmware in the first place.
Of course we are talking about chinese devices. No one said anything about chinese people. I don't know where did you get that.

I bought Beelink X2 H3 TV Box for 27$ (free shipping). I uninstalled preloaded 14.2 and installed 16.0 and it is working just fine. Now I am curiuos what "proper" Android TV Box you can buy for 27$?

Ofc I know that my current device is a "piece of crap" comparing to Nvidia Shield but it cost 10 times less!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After 9.93.2016 is installed but the interface is not launched1