v17 After 9.93.2016 is installed but the interface is not launched
I have an android pc Tronsmart AW 80 Meta and kodi 17 after 9 March no more launches.The.9.03.2016 variant work, after the date hereof, other variants are installed, but can not be launched, the interface does not appear
Even variant of March 9 going very badly in video playback, with many interruptions and lags.
Please think of a solution for those who have devices with arm processor cores 15 + 7 (8 cores)from allwinner.
Thank you!
All my respect!
Same here, Himedia q5
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2284763
(2016-03-23, 08:40)shomari Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2284763

Please stop spreading lies. Maintained != supported.

It installs and plays just fine, just won't get any bug fixes.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
Even the bugs will likely be fixed, but someone will have to be willing to argue it they want those fixes included in Kodi's official code tree :)
(2016-03-23, 14:14)danjames92 Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 08:40)shomari Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2284763

... at this point it's semantics; since two weeks ago Jenkins has been cranking out Android (master) builds that do not run at all. Regardless of the reason (which I understand and am sympathetic towards) the Android branch is currently broken because it is unmaintained.

It does not 'install and play just fine'. This has been confirmed across a variable set of chipsets. Multiple reports from multiple posters have been made, for weeks now.

You may choose to discard/disregard this data, but it doesn't make it any less valid or truthful.

I'm not spreading lies in the least, you've chosen quite the strong language for something that I can prove with relative ease, come again please.
(2016-03-23, 15:05)shomari Wrote: the Android branch is currently broken because it is unmaintained.

Not quite. Something being broken, even majorly, is fairly normal for the first alpha cycle or two. Especially considering the amount of video player work being done. Even if Koying was still holding the title of "maintainer", that doesn't mean it would be fixed right away.
(2016-03-23, 15:10)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 15:05)shomari Wrote: the Android branch is currently broken because it is unmaintained.

Not quite. Something being broken, even majorly, is fairly normal for the first alpha cycle or two. Especially considering the amount of video player work being done. Even if Koying was still holding the title of "maintainer", that doesn't mean it would be fixed right away.

.... agreed. Still doesn't place any of my observations or statements in the realm of 'lies'.
(2016-03-23, 15:05)shomari Wrote:

... at this point it's semantics; since two weeks ago Jenkins has been cranking out Android (master) builds that do not run at all. Regardless of the reason (which I understand and am sympathetic towards) the Android branch is currently broken because it is unmaintained.

It does not 'install and play just fine'. This has been confirmed across a variable set of chipsets. Multiple reports from multiple posters have been made, for weeks now.

You may choose to discard/disregard this data, but it doesn't make it any less valid or truthful.

I'm not spreading lies in the least, you've chosen quite the strong language for something that I can prove with relative ease, come again please.

Let me repeat from the other thread

Bullshit. We simply follow official Android. If you bought a device that doesn't follow you're out of luck.

None of my android devices fail. Stop spreading false info!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Android support is not suspended, so yes, it is a lie. Just because there is no maintainer, does not mean it is a unsupported platform (until it has game breaking bugs) IMO. Ned Scott hit the nail on the head.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-03-23, 15:30)Martijn Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 14:14)danjames92 Wrote: Please stop spreading lies. Maintained != supported.

Let me repeat from the other thread

Bullshit. We simply follow official Android. If you bought a device that doesn't follow you're out of luck.

None of my android devices fail. Stop spreading false info!

(2016-03-23, 20:29)danjames92 Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 14:14)danjames92 Wrote: Please stop spreading lies. Maintained != supported.

Android support is not suspended, so yes, it is a lie. Just because there is no maintainer, does not mean it is a unsupported platform (until it has game breaking bugs) IMO. Ned Scott hit the nail on the head.
They say you catch the most flak when you're over the target.

...the team is making some broad assumptions as of late; all the while taking a very antagonistic tone in the process. You have literally no idea what chipsets the builds failed to run on, and they're several and varied.

Nevertheless, I relent. I'll leave you to your own devices. (pun intended)
Last night I installed version 17 of 03.21.2016 kodi and the same,the interface does not start.
Something essential has changed after 03/09/2016.May be not accept this kind of 8-core processor.
In another context I think nobody has interest to say lies.
I believe that, these variants of Kodi were essential changed
and no longer go on systeme with allwinner 8-core processor .
Debug Log anyone?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-03-24, 18:08)fritsch Wrote: Debug Log anyone?

I'm going to donate to the team again thanks to you. Pardon the language, but I love how you cut through the bullshit and steer issues back towards work and resolution. Salute!

(I'll try and add some debug logs myself, as well - time permitting)
Yeah - let's see what we find in there. You might have to alter advancedsettings.xml as shown in our wiki (not so straight forward) so that we actually can see what is going wrong.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After 9.93.2016 is installed but the interface is not launched1