• 7(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
BOING!!!! I actually like it BETTER on topSmile
Here is the guide, 90% finished. The only thing I may still change is the white overlay - I'd like that to be transparent with a box around it but I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet. Other than that, this is it. I think it looks awesome!

(2013-03-06, 07:14)mrgrossm Wrote: I showed my husband the pics of the skin and he wanted the episodes of duck dynasty to be included in the skin! Smile

I really do love that show, grabbed every episode but haven't started on season 3 yet.
Can you color code shows based on the genre? Looks really slick otherwise!
@bry unfortunately I can't, that would be something with the code in the actual program and people don't want to have to reinstall plus it is better to stay away from the code for upgrades.
Yup, it's looking good! Can't wait until you upload it, I want to play!
is there going to be a way to change out the guide logo with a custom logo? I would like to create my own in photoshop/illustrator.
Alright, lets do some testing for the guide. I left the info screen as default for now, I just want to get some people the opportunity to test out the guide and see if there are any issues.

Instructions:

Download the rar file and extract to C:\Users\"Yourusername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\skins\default

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29753669/PTV%20Skin.rar

Go into your skin folder, for Aeon Nox it is C:\Users\"Yourusername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i and delete the pseudotv files - I think it is four files total. This will force PTV to use the default skin which we have just put in the default folder.

@hewligun - to change the guide logo just copy over the guide.png file with your own file naming it guide.png.

If anyone looks into the actual coding, I know... I know.. it's REAL sloppy right now and there are some images that aren't being used as well. This is just a test and once I have a real release I will clean everything up.

EDIT: Make sure you go to folder options and enable show hidden files and folders or you won't see AppData in your username folder.
Looking forward to testing this. It looks great! (Though my vote is to have the info bar on the bottom.)
just an fyi to all to get right to your application data folder all you need to do is type this into the address bar in my computer.

%appdata%

that will drop you right into the application data roaming folder.
Installed, and I like the new guide layout. A few observations:

1. The "On Now" only shows up periodically. (And yes, I do have all the clear art downloaded.)
2. Love the fade in/fade out, but seems a bit choppy. I'm not sure if this is because of the specs of my computer, but could this be an option to disable?
3. For the channels that I don't have a logo for, the default text (or fallback text, whatever it's called), doesn't show up.

The info bar isn't showing up for me for whatever reason. It's using the default bar that sits at the bottom.

Looking great, and really appreciate your hard work!
Agree with everything deletedpenguin said, have the same issues plus guide logo isn't showing up. Also, what size do the logos need to be formatted to? Some of my channel logos don't fit and spill over each other.
(2013-03-07, 01:02)mrgrossm Wrote: Some of my channel logos don't fit and spill over each other.

I'm seeing this too.
how/where do i get the channel logos?
(2013-03-07, 00:42)deletedpenguin Wrote: Installed, and I like the new guide layout. A few observations:

1. The "On Now" only shows up periodically. (And yes, I do have all the clear art downloaded.)
2. Love the fade in/fade out, but seems a bit choppy. I'm not sure if this is because of the specs of my computer, but could this be an option to disable?
3. For the channels that I don't have a logo for, the default text (or fallback text, whatever it's called), doesn't show up.

The info bar isn't showing up for me for whatever reason. It's using the default bar that sits at the bottom.

Looking great, and really appreciate your hard work!

The On Now should always show up, are you sure it's not being covered up by the clearart? Or you mean the clearart isn't showing up? Try resettings your channels.

Can't comment on the fade in/out being choppy on my setup - perhaps its due to your specs? I guess I can change it but maybe we should see if this is a common problem and if it is not I can tell you how to change it or upload a more simple effect.

There is no default or "fallback" text - that is the limitation of the code and the main reason why I said earlier that I'm not big on using them. If you don't have a channel logo it won't say what the channel is. I might do away with them and go plain text.

(2013-03-05, 01:28)tman12 Wrote: @hew I wish I could get it to show now playing in a smaller box but I can't figure out the coding for that and I think I'd have to mess with the program which we kind of decided was a no go. Still have some work to do.

@Lunatixz - Milkman's guide - he put together a great guide for PTV.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127492

Here's the logo pack link http://www.slingfile.com/file/WRnRpLEYsl

Make sure you read the posts before asking questions so we don't have too many duplicates - I understand you will miss some so here it is again.
(2013-03-07, 01:24)tman12 Wrote: The On Now should always show up, are you sure it's not being covered up by the clearart? Or you mean the clearart isn't showing up? Try resettings your channels.

Can't comment on the fade in/out being choppy on my setup - perhaps its due to your specs? I guess I can change it but maybe we should see if this is a common problem and if it is not I can tell you how to change it or upload a more simple effect.

There is no default or "fallback" text - that is the limitation of the code and the main reason why I said earlier that I'm not big on using them. If you don't have a channel logo it won't say what the channel is. I might do away with them and go plain text.

Sorry, I meant the clear art. I'll try resetting the channels and see if that fixes it.

I do like the fade in/fade out. It's not terribly choppy, and probably due to my computer specs. Will test further.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9