• 8(current)
I want a "My TV" section (with a separate database)
Big Grin 
Affini Wrote:Are you asking that the My TV section in XBMC use this as an example of what to do?
Yes exacly, it just my 2 cents suggestion/request to 'steel' some ideas from it, nothing more Big Grin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester... dirty pool guy. Spiffer was working on this and then I see screens... I though he got it cranked out (despite the holiday which would be well above and beyond the call of duty... voluntary duty mind you).

Got worked up and then slammed... hasnt happened to me since my ex-wife LOL
Gamester17 Wrote:Yes exacly, it just my 2 cents suggestion/request to 'steel' some ideas from it, nothing more Big Grin

yes that looks great and all but I'd ben happy just to get the basic functionality and have it look like the other videos do today... that is just fine by me.

I posted some basic/simple displays a while back in the thread... my thought is KISS just so it is easy to skin to and is an interface everyone already knows.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I compiled XBMC using the multiviews branch so I got the Wide Icons options in the menu.

However, when I compile it using the "normal" branch, those options are not included.
I though Jmarshall included it? When I look in in the SVN changelog I see:
"added: Merged new multiple view code support from the multiview branch (r7408->7422), and added saving of view/sort information per-folder."
just fyi, i have now commited part two of my world domination plans.

- new video db scheme
- revamped lookup mechanisms to handle different content types (still only movies)

next on list is tv shows.
Thumbs Up 
spiff Wrote:just fyi, i have now commited part two of my world domination plans.

- new video db scheme
- revamped lookup mechanisms to handle different content types (still only movies)

next on list is tv shows.
So time to bump some (movie) lookup request threads, hehe Big Grin
- dvdloc8.com (dvdlocate) lookup/scraper
- Anime lookup on anidb.net or animenfo.com (probebly have to create separate lookup xml's for anime/manga movies and anime/manga TV-series, right?)
- Internet Adult Film Database (IAFD) support (iafd.com)

PS! Maybe this is off-topic and a seperate topic thread should be created for improvement/engancements suggestions for this new lookup mechanism should be started? Anyway I was thinking, what about sites that need login/password, like the adult section of IMDb, could that optional function be added to the lookup mechanisms? And how about an option to lookup costum covers from a other location, (like say if I have already looked up the movie data and cover from IMDb but I now like to get a better quality cover from a other site for that movie without doing it manualy, like from movieposter.com, it would then be nice to have the possibility for that under the refresh option under the VideoInfo view, so only get new cover but keep the IMDb data). It would also be nice to be able to maybe later extend this lookup mechanism to the My Program section so people could make lookup xml's for game covers, and to the My Music section for alternative lookup databases there as well (like amazon.com), ...but now I'm getting carried away and I know it is off-topic, @spiff, could you start a topic thread about the new lookup mechanism in the development forum or should we start a new thread about it here in the feature suggestion forum?

Rolleyes
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
all i want to say is that if you want me to do all of this, it won't happen. i need others to develop the scrapers, it is f00king boring and i'm tired of it. i will have to document the xml formats involved, but then i hope somebody will step up and help. i will of course develop the 'main' tv show scraper myself.
Thumbs Up 
spiff Wrote:i need others to develop the scrapers
of course Cool
Tell me what and how and I'll do whatever I can..
i'll try to get documentation up on the wiki, but dont expect anything before the week end.
Sounds great. I will definitely give writing a scraper a shot.
OK Simple curiosity... with the alterations of late, where did the movie information and lookup dialog go in the submenu for video?
this is how it works. in preparation for tv shows and other additional content, you now need to tell xbmc that a directory/media source contains movies. you do this by opening the context menu on the path and selecting set content.
Spiff, your a GD god! Will spend some time looking at the IMDB xml and see if I can get something pre-doc Wink
ive started a tv script with its own database in the style of big tv plugin, help with graphics would be great :p
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I want a "My TV" section (with a separate database)1