• 98(current)
WMC as the backend - released
(2013-11-18, 01:41)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-11-18, 01:35)scarecrow420 Wrote: Also as Krusty mentioned, the default XBMC keymappings arent setup to bind anything to the Record command. So you need to setup a keymap to bind a key/combination to the Record command. I wonder what command a standard MCE remote sends through for the record button. I use a Logitech harmony so I will probably just do as Krusty does and have my remote send Ctrl-R from the Record button, and then map Ctrl-R to XBMC record command

scarecrow420, I just checked using the "ShowKey" app and this is what shows when I hit the record button <q>Notification(Key,q,3)</q>

Not sure what that mean

It's sending the equivalent to pressing 'q' on the keyboard. By default, it's mapped to the 'Queue' command. According to the keymap wiki, this action will 'Queue the item to the current playlist'. You could just change that to <q>XBMC.PlayerControl(Record)</q> in your keymap and be in business.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2013-11-18, 01:56)TechLife Wrote:
(2013-11-18, 01:41)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-11-18, 01:35)scarecrow420 Wrote: Also as Krusty mentioned, the default XBMC keymappings arent setup to bind anything to the Record command. So you need to setup a keymap to bind a key/combination to the Record command. I wonder what command a standard MCE remote sends through for the record button. I use a Logitech harmony so I will probably just do as Krusty does and have my remote send Ctrl-R from the Record button, and then map Ctrl-R to XBMC record command

scarecrow420, I just checked using the "ShowKey" app and this is what shows when I hit the record button <q>Notification(Key,q,3)</q>

Not sure what that mean

It's sending the equivalent to pressing 'q' on the keyboard. By default, it's mapped to the 'Queue' command. According to the keymap wiki, this action will 'Queue the item to the current playlist'. You could just change that to <q>XBMC.PlayerControl(Record)</q> in your keymap and be in business.

I'll give that a try

Update: That didn't work. Made the change in the keymap file but nothing happens

Another update: Its working!! change <q>queue</q> to <q>XBMC.PlayerControl(Record)</q> Under "Global" and it works
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to use a standard mce remote you have to fire up regedit, see:
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html

I didn't try it.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-11-18, 03:53)krustyreturns Wrote:

If you want to use a standard mce remote you have to fire up regedit, see:
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html

I didn't try it.

Before switching to the IP based system I have now that is sending JSON commands directly, I used the standard WMC remote codes with the package you linked above. It worked very, very well and required little to no tweaking. What little I did have to do was simple using 'AdvancedMCERemoteMapper' which I think is included at this point. You do need to RTFM thoroughly to understand everything going on but it's a lot easier than any other option and once it's up and going you can just forget about it.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2013-11-15, 06:26)scarecrow420 Wrote: I havent tried having the EPG database in MySQL because I cant really foresee what the benefit would be.

So I spent some time with this today and can conclude there is NO benefit to running it on MySQL. Actually if my experience is any indication, you are actually better off NOT running it on MySQL...

Quote:When sharing the database does only 1 client request EPG refreshes from the ServerWMC and the others realise that the EPG data is always "current" or do they all just go ahead and request it anyway? You could probably determine this by having multiple clients running and checking the ServerWMC log to see who/when EPG requests come in.

No they do not. They still each make their own requests. There are multiple entries like the one shown below to confirm this.
Code:
2013/11/17 15:26:17.632    Received client request: TV-SERVER|GetTimers
2013/11/17 15:26:17.633    Finished request GetTimers in 0.00s
2013/11/17 15:26:17.642    Received client request: TV-SERVER|GetRecordings
2013/11/17 15:26:17.651    Finished request GetRecordings in 0.01s
2013/11/17 15:26:23.997    Received client request: HTPC|GetTimers
2013/11/17 15:26:23.998    Finished request GetTimers in 0.00s
2013/11/17 15:26:24.008    Received client request: HTPC|GetRecordings

Quote:How in sync are they, do they seem to be instant? Eg if you do a manual channel EPG refresh on one client, are those refreshed times or new EPG entries immediately shown on the other clients?

Are recording entries transferred from ServerWMC also in this database? Eg if you setup a recording on one client, when do the other clients see it? They all poll for recordings frequently anyway but perhaps if this is in the XBMC database the other clients know about them sooner than they would otherwise

No they do not instantly show up. Nothing new shows up until the next query is made by the client.

Quote:To me the TV/EPG stuff is OK to be per client, particularly when we have the backend server tying everything together and providing data to the clients anyway.

As I said before, you are better off NOT using MySQL for this. Other than there is no benefit as shown above, there are issues as well. I had an issue when testing all of this once where my XBMC client got stuck loading the channels from the backend. I actually had to terminate the process to get out. After reloading, I found pvr.wmc to be disabled. Another example is I have been finding my XBMC log on ANY client that was using MySQL to be riddled with the following:
Code:
19:31:06 T:5696   ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (145)
                                            Query: DELETE FROM epgtags WHERE iEndTime < 1384738229
19:31:06 T:5696   ERROR: CDatabase::CommitInsertQueries - failed to execute queries

After changing to a local db, these entries in the log are completely gone. My other clients using MySQL continue to populate the log with a small city's worth of these entries.

I'm glad this came up so I could make these discoveries. I am changing all of them back tonight and will see if I notice any negative effects in the upcoming week of having things local. I have had other issues where the EPG would randomly blank out and others where pvr.wmc would seeming randomly disable itself. I have a feeling this was all related and I will find the waters ahead to be much smoother.
thanks for checking it out. in that case I suggest on the wiki to remove the examples about how to configure this, and to mention that although it is "possible" to putt he EPG/TV databases on MySQL with AdvancedSettings.xml it should not be done
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2013-11-18, 05:21)scarecrow420 Wrote: thanks for checking it out. in that case I suggest on the wiki to remove the examples about how to configure this, and to mention that although it is "possible" to putt he EPG/TV databases on MySQL with AdvancedSettings.xml it should not be done

Already done. Wink

I left the example for the moment but added a strong warning against it.
(2013-11-17, 23:44)krustyreturns Wrote: Hey everyone,

I put up new windows versions of the clients (1014). The frodo changes are minor, just nicer messages to the user when doing instant records. The gotham one has the same changes, but more importantly uses the new pvr interface (1.9.0), so it won't crash with the newest gotham nightly.

I will post other platforms as I get them.

--kr

will this autoupdate if we have the repo installed from TheImmortal?
(2013-11-18, 15:58)bry- Wrote:
(2013-11-17, 23:44)krustyreturns Wrote: Hey everyone,

I put up new windows versions of the clients (1014). The frodo changes are minor, just nicer messages to the user when doing instant records. The gotham one has the same changes, but more importantly uses the new pvr interface (1.9.0), so it won't crash with the newest gotham nightly.

I will post other platforms as I get them.

--kr

will this autoupdate if we have the repo installed from TheImmortal?

Yes. I am updating the repo today.
The apple builds for the 1014 client are up. Thanks to svanhess.
This is the error I am getting when I try to watch any channel from the raspberry. In media center on the pc, it works fine. Any ideas? I have the correct ip in the pvr plugin. Currently running serverwmc 1095 on my pc.

NOTICE: Thread COMXPlayer start, auto delete: false
14:08:32 T:2734281824 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
14:08:36 T:2734281824 ERROR: AddOnLog: Windows Media Center PVR - Raspberry Edition: Error $
14:08:36 T:2734281824 ERROR: COMXPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv$
14:08:36 T:2734281824 NOTICE: COMXPlayer::OnExit()
14:08:36 T:2734281824 NOTICE: COMXPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
14:08:36 T:3046679056 NOTICE: COMXPlayer::CloseFile
14:08:36 T:3046679056 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
14:08:36 T:3046679056 NOTICE: COMXPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
14:08:36 T:3046679056 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
14:08:39 T:3046679056 NOTICE: COMXPlayer: Opening: pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr
14:08:39 T:3046679056 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
14:08:39 T:3046679056 NOTICE: CXBMCRenderManager::ResetRenderBuffer - using 5 render buffers
14:08:39 T:2734281824 NOTICE: Thread COMXPlayer start, auto delete: false
14:08:39 T:2734281824 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
14:08:41 T:2734281824 ERROR: AddOnLog: Windows Media Center PVR - Raspberry Edition: Error $
14:08:41 T:2734281824 ERROR: COMXPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv$
14:08:41 T:2734281824 NOTICE: COMXPlayer::OnExit()
KR, Thanks for the new release. It works great with the latest (windows) nightly of 18-11.
To bad the video-stutter is still present, even in the latest nightly.
Is there a way to get Ticket #14622 some more attention?
The last update is already 4 weeks ago.
(2013-11-18, 21:17)Doomsday01 Wrote: This is the error I am getting when I try to watch any channel from the raspberry. In media center on the pc, it works fine. Any ideas? I have the correct ip in the pvr plugin. Currently running serverwmc 1095 on my pc.

NOTICE: Thread COMXPlayer start, auto delete: false
14:08:32 T:2734281824 NOTICE: Creating InputStream

14:08:41 T:2734281824 ERROR: COMXPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv$
14:08:41 T:2734281824 NOTICE: COMXPlayer::OnExit()

I can't tell from looking at this. I need to see the server log (just post a link to it, make sure that is has a failed run on it). Before that though, make sure the client has access to the recording tv folder that wmc uses and that it has credentials set so that it can access it (see folder tab for both).

(2013-11-19, 01:31)IanPH Wrote: KR, Thanks for the new release. It works great with the latest (windows) nightly of 18-11.
To bad the video-stutter is still present, even in the latest nightly.
Is there a way to get Ticket #14622 some more attention?
The last update is already 4 weeks ago.

Hi Ian,

I'm also worried they are not going to fix it in gotham. I have no relationship with the xbmc team so I have no way to get it any more attention than anyone else.

Does anyone know if it is bad form to leave a ticket comment asking for status on a ticket? Or possibly start a thread asking for an update? I would be happy to do either.

--kr
I was recording The Walking Dead last night. About 45min into the hour recording, we decided to watch it, since its so far in, still wont have to watch the commercials. But when we tried to skip forward 30s, it would almost look like it was, then it would still be at the same time, effectively doing nothing. Unfortunately since the wife really wanted to watch the show, I didn't do any troubleshooting, and just switched back to WMC real quick.
Yeah I also have issues trying to skip around in the live TV but I dont realy do it that much (normally I just put something on for my son to watch, and ABC22 doesnt have ads). I dont really have much opportunity for more advanced behaviour like watching an inprogress recording after 20 minutes, or pausing for a while then playing catchup, but whenever I do I seem to have issues with skip back/skip forward. One thing to try would be whether FF/RW has the same issue or not.

When watching recordings later, it behaves much more as expceted (like watching a normal video file) although I guess this is a WTV file and not the remuxed TS. Another thing to try is setting the server not to delete the TS files and then trying to play one of them when complete, to test skip back/forward and FF/RW commands on a TS file rather than on WTV as is the case for completed recordings normally.

My theory (unsubstantiated) is that it is to do with the remuxed TS file growing as we play it. The timing indicator (position, time remaining etc) also gets pretty messed up since there isnt much more of the file there, but the show in theory still goes for another 20 minutes, if that makes sense. So perhaps the skip commands are trying to use data about the file size/duration etc and getting messed up.

Interested to know if others see this too... I hadnt really posted yet as I mention above, dont tend to do much of this more advanced usage habits
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9