• 10(current)
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin
1. I just saw that you can use "target_url" for a custom onclick path so you don't need an extra button.
Any way to hide 'Get more...' when listing addons?
No that's not possible.
It's a shame it's not in the appearance settings along with 'Show "Add source" buttons in file lists'.
(2014-03-07, 20:27)`Black Wrote: The only thing for which you will need skin widgets in the future is "ongoing tv shows". You shouldn't need it for anything else except you want to have some other advanced stuff you can't do with smart playlists.

Don't forget unwatched recently added movies/episodes. Wink
Am I missing something or does loading from a smartplaylist ignore the sort order?

Here's the playlist -

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>RecentMovies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="dateadded" operator="before">
        <value>2999-01-01</value>
    </rule>
    <group>none</group>
    <limit>10</limit>
    <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist> 

When loaded from Videos > Playlists the latest added movie is at the top of the list but loading this playlist on the home screen results in the latest movie being at the end of the list. Eek
(2014-04-13, 18:06)Hitcher Wrote: Am I missing something or does loading from a smartplaylist ignore the sort order?

Noticed that as well. Seems to ignore <match> too.

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>History (Movies)</name>
    <match>10</match>
    <rule field="lastplayed" operator="inthelast">
        <value>7 days</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</smartplaylist> 
Since <match>10</match> doesn't make much sense, did you maybe meant to use <limit>10</limit>?.

@Hitcher
<group>none</group> seems to break sorting. If you remove it, the list should be in correct order.
Yeah, thanks Black. That fixed it.
(2014-04-13, 17:39)Hitcher Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 20:27)`Black Wrote: The only thing for which you will need skin widgets in the future is "ongoing tv shows". You shouldn't need it for anything else except you want to have some other advanced stuff you can't do with smart playlists.

Don't forget unwatched recently added movies/episodes. Wink

Can't you just make a smart playlist sorted by date added and with the rule play count less than one?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2014-04-12, 19:32)`Black Wrote: 1. I just saw that you can use "target_url" for a custom onclick path so you don't need an extra button.

How exactly does this work? I tried it inside the content tag - e.g.
Code:
<content target_url="SetProperty(item,$INFO[ListItem.Icon],home)">path/to/content</content>

I also tried as tags in the list control. I didn't think it would work but it was worth a shot.
(2014-04-13, 21:45)`Black Wrote: @Hitcher
<group>none</group> seems to break sorting. If you remove it, the list should be in correct order.
Cheers.
(2014-04-14, 09:14)jurialmunkey Wrote: Can't you just make a smart playlist sorted by date added and with the rule play count less than one?
Yeah, I got it sorted after a while. Thanks.
It seems you can't make a recently added albums playlist to use in this unless I'm missing something.

EDIT: I can even make a popular one where the play count is greater than 0!
@Hitcher - just use the library path instead?
musicdb://recentlyaddedalbums/
But then you can't set a limit on the number of items displayed on the home screen, plus you end up with the 'All albums' item.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin1