XBm
Hi! Installed XBMC on a PC (NVIDIA ION, Atom processor, 1 Ghz Ram) running Win 7 Home x64. After install tried to start and them made it to the main menu, then the screen froze. But, if I press the arrow keys I still hear the sounds that indicate I am moving around the menu. I restarted XBMC(and then later Windows) and now I am stuck at the splash screen yet I can still hear navigation sounds when I press the arrow keys. Any ideas?
First thing I would do is uninstall and do a reinstall. Maybe even re download XBMC. See if that doesn't work for you. Maybe there was an installation error somewhere along the install process.
Unin
uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help
You need to enable debug logging then get a debug log for us to look at. To turn on debug logging press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\advancedsettings.xml

and click OK. Notepad will ask if you want to create the file and you should answer Yes. When Notepad opens paste the following in then click File/Save and close Notepad.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Now start XBMC, wait for it to hang, then press the escape key a few times. Press the End key on the keyboard to see if XBMC will close. If it doesn't then kill XBMC by whatever means you prefer. Now, to get the debug log press Windows-R again and in the Run dialog type:

%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log

and click OK. This should open the debug log in Notepad. Go to http://pastebin.com/ and copy and paste the log from Notepad into the web site. When you've submitted the log pastebin will give you back a link to your log. paste that link here and we can have a look at it.

My guess would be a video driver problem, but hopefully the log will tell us for sure.

JR
Ok,
here is the link to paste bin:
http://pastebin.com/4jhfH7ha

I tried to go to the advanced settings file but it couldn't find it. It looks as though it doesn't exist.

Also, I have the guisettings open in notepad++ and it everytime I open and close XBMC it tells me the guisettings are modified. Don't know if that helps
There ya go as i suspected 20:07:01 T:7676 M:1588359168 ERROR: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY

Install more ram should fix this 1gig just is not enough for windows 7 Confused
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
based on the log , and the previous comment, sounds like my little ion chipset can't do win 7 and XBMC at full screen. does anybody have an opinion on whether the live install would work or not?
My little ION does Win7 and XBMC fine - but it does have 2Gb RAM rather than your 1Gb.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBm0