[WIP] Complete Tutorial all in one Media Solution with complete automation
Star 
The Complete Guide Ubuntu 10.04 Media Center with NVIDIA GPU (VDPAU enabled) and XBMC as a TV output interface

XBMC-PVR (live-tv via DVB-S2 and tvheadend), SickBeard, CouchPotato, SabNZBd, Webmin, squeezebox and maybe more

I recently started a nifty little project which allows me to use my dedicated linux machine as a super versatile HD media center with live TV in HD via DVB-S, automatic episode downloads of TV-series, automatic movies download, easy to use Webmin WebGUI and a decent music streaming solution that should be able to do everything your media heart desires and a whole lot more you weren't even thinking about but won't be able to live without once you had it.
There is a whole bunch of really good tutorials out there. I probably read all of them during my initial setup. But an all-in-one tutorial, covering the steps in detail is hard to come by. So I decided to write my own little thing.

But before i sink a whole lot of time into this project, i'm going to ask beforehand whether there is some interest from the community for such a complete all in one how-to. the thing is, that when it comes to live-tv as you all know tutorials tend to become VERY hardware specific. for my build i'm using a WinTV NOVA S2 so i won't be able to try out much more hardware. this would be where you guys come into play, so if a general interest is given i'll gladly publish my tut here, but if not i won't bother writing it at all since i already know how this works Smile

thx in advance for any replys

uuzi
Very interested. Been wanting to automate dl of episodes and get freeview to stream into xbmc, still looking for a low-cost DVB-T device for my pc.

+1 for guide.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
+1

Building my htpc would be VERY interested i this
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
+1

think this would be of great use... one suggestion, for UK freeview, suggest the tvcatchup add-on in cases where a user may not have or wish to get a tuner card?

basically that's my set up, Smile
Would def be interested in a guide for freeview! Would be much appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Complete Tutorial all in one Media Solution with complete automation0