Live Nightly Builds?
Hi,

Think I saw way back that there wouldn't be nightlies for Live, but there must be some, weekly builds maybe?

I want to run the newer versions of some skins that don't work properly on 10.1, but how do I find a more recent Live build?

Thanks
Hi mate you can find them here
Thanks, but the Live build is from last year. I think the 'golden date' is April 19th, as this is when the bigger XBMC changes were put in.
You install the nightly linux package and then the xbmc-live package, or you manually set xbmc to start at boot.
Damn, sounds like more hassle, especially if the build has issues.

Are the open elec / xbmcfreak builds using nightlies?
Is there any particular reason that they don't do the nightly builds for the XBMClive?
I am not sure what you are asking for makes any sense.

Do you have a a "live" installation or have you installed xbmcLive to a disk?
They only way you need a daily live to get a new skin is if you are running xbmc-Live of a CD. In that case...get a USBSmile

If not, you just upgrade xbmc not the "live".
By the way, the latest live is not from last year. Should be something like 2011 March 10.
vikjon0 Wrote:I am not sure what you are asking for makes any sense.

Do you have a a "live" installation or have you installed xbmcLive to a disk?
They only way you need a daily live to get a new skin is if you are running xbmc-Live of a CD. In that case...get a USBSmile

If not, you just upgrade xbmc not the "live".

I'm running XBMC Live installed to hdd of Acer Revo. You're correct, its compiled Mar 9 2011.

I don't understand
Quote:you just upgrade xbmc not the "live".

I have run sudo apt-get upgrade and update, but that does not give me a newer version such as a nightly.

Please can you elaborate. Do I need to add a PPA repository for the nightly?
Quote:Please can you elaborate. Do I need to add a PPA repository for the nightly?
Ok then I understand what you need (I think)

Yes, you need to change to the nightly repository. then
Quote:sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
Not sure if the nightly is running right now though.
Alternative is to compile from git. (search for guide)
Found this post that might help people in same boat, although seems it had a hiccup, I hope the author will respond.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=779720
t2ffn Wrote:Found this post that might help people in same boat, although seems it had a hiccup, I hope the author will respond.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=779720

t2ffn - I'm running a test build to see if I can replicate the failure of the OP in the thread you linked to. Hard to replicate exactly since every git pull changes the source that gets compiled.

As for doing a test install, probably the 'safest' approach would be to create a second LIVE install on a USB drive and test the update on that build. I keep a 'clean' install handy on a USB drive in case I fubar my system.
Live nightly is not building yet.
There are still known issues with Live+Natty, including those we have to wait for Canonical to fix.
Stay tuned, hopefully we will be able to resume building nightlies in a near future.
I was able to use my script to build XBMC this morning; make install worked as well, so I'm not sure what errors others are getting. Make sure you are running the script as root, not just with sudo. Copying the files at the end requires root on most systems
Good work boykster, think I will wait until it is all resolved. I just want to use the newer skins! Smile A simple request Smile Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live Nightly Builds?0