Unencrypted Blu-Ray Disc Support with latest releases
Hi,

a short question regarding the Support of Blu-Ray playback. I use a PreEden Release that perfectly plays Blu-Ray from Hard Disc (ISO and Folder STructure). Of yourse it is not possible to play encrypted Blu-Rays but from my understanding it should be possible to play unencrypted Blu-Rays directly from the optical Drive. Or is that not supported? Because when triying to play the disc there's no reaction.

DVD's and also AudioCds can be played without Problems

Please find the logfile here:

http://pastebin.com/93mkxc4J
HI,

i just found another thread that helped me how to play the content. The index.bdmv has to be selected in filemode and could be then played. (Of course without menues etc.)

So my question would be: Is there a possibility to link the play Disc funktion to this. Then it would start to play (I guess)

Thank you very much

Regards,

Alex
alex.ba Wrote:Hi,

a short question regarding the Support of Blu-Ray playback. I use a PreEden Release that perfectly plays Blu-Ray from Hard Disc (ISO and Folder STructure). Of yourse it is not possible to play encrypted Blu-Rays but from my understanding it should be possible to play unencrypted Blu-Rays directly from the optical Drive. Or is that not supported? Because when triying to play the disc there's no reaction.

DVD's and also AudioCds can be played without Problems

Please find the logfile here:

http://pastebin.com/93mkxc4J
you can try this guide- post #271
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi,

thank you very much for the an answer. Yes that's a ways to playback - to directly select the datafolder than the index file and then play. (That is simmilar to my second post).

But what I thought of is, to directly play it from the home menu. If you insert a diswc (CD, DVD or Blu-Ray) a new entry appears (Play Disc). You can directly select this and then the disc starts - except with Blu-Rays.

So my question would be if it's possible to link this to the folder. For me it's not really the problem but rest of family would find it lot easier :-)

Regards,

S
alex.ba Wrote:Hi,

thank you very much for the an answer. Yes that's a ways to playback - to directly select the datafolder than the index file and then play. (That is simmilar to my second post).

But what I thought of is, to directly play it from the home menu. If you insert a diswc (CD, DVD or Blu-Ray) a new entry appears (Play Disc). You can directly select this and then the disc starts - except with Blu-Rays.

So my question would be if it's possible to link this to the folder. For me it's not really the problem but rest of family would find it lot easier :-)

Regards,

S
it isn't fully incorporate in xbmc, and i doubt that they'll include it anytime soon. you might have to show your family how to navigate it to index.bdmv.
Ok thank you very much for answer. Perhaps there are more people who would like that feature and so will be implemented.

Regards,

A
alex.ba Wrote:Ok thank you very much for answer. Perhaps there are more people who would like that feature and so will be implemented.

Regards,

A
all xbmc users wanted this option, but i believe that they're having problem with license.
Hi,

thank you again for the answer. Maybe a licence question. You're right. On the iother side. A link to a folder can't be a licence question?

Regards,

A
Hi again,

a workaround that could help perhaps some people with the same problem. You could set a favourite link to the index.bdmv and rename it to Play Blu-Ray. I just tested it but it does not work in any case (after changing to a new Disc). Could someone try this and give some feedback if it works for you.

Thank you and Regards,

A
FYI I had a similar issue which I asked (and then partly answered) here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129330

I also added a post (linked in the above) to the Dev forum where I hope this issue can be sorted.
.peace out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unencrypted Blu-Ray Disc Support with latest releases0