linux build fails on git since may 01
make[1]: *** [PlayerCoreFactory.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc/xbmc/cores/playercorefactory'
make: *** [xbmc/cores/playercorefactory/playercorefactory.a] Error 2

build worked every day basically until yesterday.. my configure is like this >>
./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-pulse --disable-vaapi --enable-vdpau
--disable-crystalhd --enable-external-ffmpeg
would need to see more of the actual error. what you have pasted is make backing out of the build and not the actual error.
i am upgrading to natty now, will post more make info in about 10 min
libtool: link: /usr/bin/ccache gcc -shared .libs/psymbol.o .libs/pscan.o .libs/ploader.o .libs/pinfo.o .libs/pcontrol.o .libs/serial.o .libs/logging.o .libs/context.o .libs/cpluff.o .libs/util.o .libs/list.o .libs/hash.o .libs/thread_posix.o /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libexpat.so -ldl -Wl,-soname -Wl,libcpluff.so.0 -o .libs/libcpluff.so.0.0.3
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libcpluff.so.0" && ln -s "libcpluff.so.0.0.3" "libcpluff.so.0")
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libcpluff.so" && ln -s "libcpluff.so.0.0.3" "libcpluff.so")
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libcpluff.a psymbol.o pscan.o ploader.o pinfo.o pcontrol.o serial.o logging.o context.o cpluff.o util.o list.o hash.o thread_posix.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libcpluff.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libcpluff.la" && ln -s "../libcpluff.la" "libcpluff.la" )
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc/lib/cpluff/libcpluff'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc/lib/cpluff/libcpluff'
make -C xbmc/addons
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc/xbmc/addons'
CPP Addon.o
CPP Autorun.o
CPP AutoSwitch.o
CPP AddonDatabase.o
make -C xbmc/cores/playercorefactory
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc/xbmc/cores/playercorefactory'
CPP BackgroundInfoLoader.o
CPP PlayerCoreFactory.o
In file included from /home/xbmc/xbmc/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/DVDAudioCodec.h:31:0,
from /home/xbmc/xbmc/xbmc/cores/paplayer/DVDPlayerCodec.h:28,
from PlayerCoreFactory.cpp:27:
/home/xbmc/xbmc/lib/DllAvCodec.h: In member function âvirtual const AVOption* DllAvCodec::av_set_string(void*, const char*, const char*)â:
/home/xbmc/xbmc/lib/DllAvCodec.h:224:96: error: â::av_set_stringâ has not been declared
/home/xbmc/xbmc/lib/DllAvCodec.h: In member function âvirtual int DllAvCodec::avcodec_thread_init(AVCodecContext*, int)â:
/home/xbmc/xbmc/lib/DllAvCodec.h:228:83: warning: âint avcodec_thread_init(AVCodecContext*, int)â is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3633)
/home/xbmc/xbmc/lib/DllAvCodec.h:228:118: warning: âint avcodec_thread_init(AVCodecContext*, int)â is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3633)
/home/xbmc/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.h: At global scope:
/home/xbmc/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.h:224:150: warning: âg_graphicsContextâ defined but not used
make[1]: *** [PlayerCoreFactory.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc/xbmc/cores/playercorefactory'
make: *** [xbmc/cores/playercorefactory/playercorefactory.a] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CPP CueDocument.o
CPP DynamicDll.o
CPP Favourites.o
ok so make is going further if i take away enable external ffmpeg .. i guess that is where you should look?
repost your build errors with using internal ffmepg.
no errrors with internal ffmpeg ..
then we call this 'fixed' Smile
but when telling xbmc to be build with external ffmpeg .. why it fails?

I am building ffmpeg from git also with latest version and it compiles and installs just fine .. the reason i need external ffmpeg is because you have not yet put the multi thred ffmpeg support in yours .. it is now at 0.7 rc1 .. with atom cpu it will help a lot for films not supporting vdpau .. i was also hoping this will help with the software based de-interlacing if using all 3 cores on my atom ..
toby77jo Wrote:but when telling xbmc to be build with external ffmpeg .. why it fails?

I am building ffmpeg from git also with latest version and it compiles and installs just fine .. the reason i need external ffmpeg is because you have not yet put the multi thred ffmpeg support in yours .. it is now at 0.7 rc1 .. with atom cpu it will help a lot for films not supporting vdpau .. i was also hoping this will help with the software based de-interlacing if using all 3 cores on my atom ..

Humm, A three core atom ? never heard of this before.

ffmpeg ? which one, ffmpeg or libav ? you know they (both) bumped their abi. That's why you get compile failures.

/home/xbmc/xbmc/lib/DllAvCodec.h:224:96: error: â::av_set_stringâ has not been declared

That means av_set_string was in libavcodec but they either moved it or removed it. So you need to fix it up.
can you teach me like a 3 year old how to fix that libavcodec thingy issue?

atom, hmm maybe it supports 3 threads? or is it just 2 cores ?
toby77jo Wrote:can you teach me like a 3 year old how to fix that libavcodec thingy issue?

atom, hmm maybe it supports 3 threads? or is it just 2 cores ?

single cpu with HT is two "cores", dual cpu with HT is four "cores"

find av_set_string in ffmpeg, that tells you where they moved it. of course, it might even have a different name. then move the refs to av_set_string from DllAvCodec.h to where ever they moved it. I suspect they moved it to libavutils so that would be DllAvUtils.h

Just an FYI, what you are trying to do is non-trivial.
Hi, I try to compile XBMC for Archlinux from AUR but I have this error:
Code:
pushd Imaging-1.1.7 && LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/andre/Downloads/XBMC_Darma_PVR/src/xbmc/lib/python /home/andre/Downloads/XBMC_Darma_PVR/src/xbmc/lib/python/python setup.py build --build-lib /home/andre/Downloads/XBMC_Darma_PVR/src/xbmc/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL; popd
/home/andre/Downloads/XBMC_Darma_PVR/src/xbmc/lib/addons/script.module.pil/Imaging-1.1.7 /home/andre/Downloads/XBMC_Darma_PVR/src/xbmc/lib/addons/script.module.pil
/bin/sh: /home/andre/Downloads/XBMC_Darma_PVR/src/xbmc/lib/python/python: File o directory non esistente
/home/andre/Downloads/XBMC_Darma_PVR/src/xbmc/lib/addons/script.module.pil
make: Leaving directory `/home/andre/Downloads/XBMC_Darma_PVR/src/xbmc/lib/addons/script.module.pil'
make: *** lib/addons/script.module.pysqlite: File o directory non esistente.  Stop.
==> ERRORE: Si è verificato un errore in build().
    L'operazione sta per essere interrotta...
thanks for your assistance...
davilla Wrote:find av_set_string in ffmpeg, that tells you where they moved it. of course, it might even have a different name. then move the refs to av_set_string from DllAvCodec.h to where ever they moved it. I suspect they moved it to libavutils so that would be DllAvUtils.h

Just an FYI, what you are trying to do is non-trivial.

I've had the same problem while compiling xbmc from git after updating ffmpeg to a very recent git revision.

Can some condition(s) be integrated into xbmc's code to avoid this compiling issue ? I haven't looked at it in details but perhaps I could help.

Now I'm forced to use an old version of ffmpeg which segfaults when encoding certain files. I'd prefer to use the latest ffmpeg git instead.

Also, does anyone know what's the latest ffmpeg's git revision compatible with xbmc ?
looks like we must now use av_set_string3 from libavutil/opt.c :

http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/doxygen/0.6/opt_8h.html

Quote:attribute_deprecated const
AVOption * av_set_string (void *obj, const char *name, const char *val)
attribute_deprecated const
AVOption * av_set_string2 (void *obj, const char *name, const char *val, int alloc)
int av_set_string3 (void *obj, const char *name, const char *val, int alloc, const AVOption **o_out)
Sets the field of obj with the given name to value.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
linux build fails on git since may 010