Cannot play any video
Hello all -

My first post. Thanks in advance.

After being unable to find my answer via google or searching these threads and wiki I'm posting this question to you.

i recently jailbroke my ATV2 and put xbmc on there successfully. However, no matter what video I try to play, the ATV2 seems to restart and goes back to the home page. This happens regardless if I use a SMB share I set up or one of the add ons (TWiT, PBS, Netflix, etc).

The logs aren't very helpful at all.

Any ideas?

Really want this to work as I'm a big fan of this project.
You didn't give a whole lot of info, but my guess is you're trying to run the official XBMC build on the newer updated iOS 4.3 that comes preinstalled on new ATVs. If that’s the case, installing the newest unofficial build of XBMC would fix your problem.

Or, if you want to stick with the official xbmc build, you can downgrade your iOS to 4.2.1, jailbreak again, install the updatebegone, then install the official XBMC again and you’ll be good to go.
Have you checked the Jailbreak FAQ for ideas? There's a list of common mistakes at the top, it's a good place to start.
fuzzydunlop Wrote:You didn't give a whole lot of info, but my guess is you're trying to run the official XBMC build on the newer updated iOS 4.3 that comes preinstalled on new ATVs. If that’s the case, installing the newest unofficial build of XBMC would fix your problem.

Or, if you want to stick with the official xbmc build, you can downgrade your iOS to 4.2.1, jailbreak again, install the updatebegone, then install the official XBMC again and you’ll be good to go.

hmm - thanks - i will post more tomorrow. the wife is nagging me to stop messing around on the computer.

ATV2 says i'm 4.2.1 right now.

just a bit more info - i jailbroke using unteathered Seas0nPass. apt-get'd xbmc. thought all was good until i tried playing video.

i have error logs but i really have to run before the wife kills me..

thanks
http://pastebin.com/3RuRgVrH

the lastest crash/restart/whatever we're calling this.

i also installed nitoTV and the noupdate program to no avail.
4.2.1 on ATV2 is actually 4.3 in IOS terms. Thats how Apple does it. Quite annoying. I think one of the stickies talks about this.

Downgrade to 4.1.1 (actually 4.2.1 in IOS terms) if you saved your shsh blobs, or install a nightly build to get 4.2.1 functionality.
keith Wrote:4.2.1 on ATV2 is actually 4.3 in IOS terms. Thats how Apple does it. Quite annoying. I think one of the stickies talks about this.

Downgrade to 4.1.1 (actually 4.2.1 in IOS terms) if you saved your shsh blobs, or install a nightly build to get 4.2.1 functionality.

thanks much. the workaround i did just to kind of get going was to apt-get purge xbmc and then install the latest build of it. there are audio syncing issues (at least that i'm experiencing) but the rest of it works ok.

thanks for all the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot play any video0