Buffering maddness - where does the problem lay ATV2 - XBMC - My computer?
donrosco Wrote:From here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91581

So, you're out of luck at the moment i'm afraid.

Yup that's what I figured. Some people claim to have no problems with their atv2's but I'm not buying it. For now I'm transcoding all the HD stuff.
Ive had great success encoding my HD files with Handbrake. I keep the video data rate to about 2200 Kbps. This gives you great compression and the video is pretty rock solid. I have been downsampling audio to dolby pro logic II as it plays fine on the ATV2. All my HD videos are playing without any buffering issues now. A found that DTS audio sometimes causes buffering, as well as high video date rate. More so then not its the combination of both. If you are looking for another ripping program I also recommend DVD Fab as it does a decent job and converts video quickly. But stick with Handbrake if you really want high quality rips. Hope thats helpful.
Hi def avi's ? Those wont be mpeg4 so will buffer if High def.

You will have the most luck with mkv/x264 files, or standard def xvid's etc.

My buffering was maddening, but seems to have improved a TON in the latest nightlys.
Thanks all, I've been using handbrake for a while and it does do a good job.

Maybe somebody has a suggestion on what to do with multiple part movies? I joined the parts and converted but the audio got really off by the end of a longer movie. Not sure if that was because of the join or the conversation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering maddness - where does the problem lay ATV2 - XBMC - My computer?0