What is seatbelt
Hello, I am planning to upgrade my ATV2 to newest firmware, but I have read someone mentioning about seatbelt......what is seatbelt?

I tried to research, but could not find the answer.
It prevents your body from flying through the window of your car, if you crash.

sorry - i could not resist Big Grin
Seatbelt, also known as sandbox, is a kernel extension that restricts a set of features from being used for some processes...

Regards,
Memphiz Wrote:It prevents your body from flying through the window of your car, once you crash.

I knew someone would say that (lol)

Thanks for the reply!
Memphiz Wrote:It prevents your body from flying through the window of your car, once you crash.

I would hope it should read "if you crash", not "once you crash". Your version seems to imply crashing is inevitable Wink

(Memphiz, if you are not a native English speaker, please do not take this good-natured jibe as intending to cause any offence Smile )
-- To Install --

Quoted from Davilla:
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock

If other commands dont work after jailbreak, as in the xbmc install, run this, then they should. Worked for me.
R0MSTER Wrote:Seatbelt, also known as sandbox, is a kernel extension that restricts a set of features from being used for some processes...

Regards,

Sorry to post here but can i ask someone to elaborate slightly on what this is. I have seen it mentioned several times and it was not included in the install guide i followed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is seatbelt0