Scanning for new movies stuck at 0%...
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Got a bit of a problem that I can't find the answer for on these forums.

I'm currently running XBMC on my aTV2, streaming via SMB from my QNAP NAS. Everything was running fine for a couple of weeks until recently when XBMC started getting stuck during the scanning process. It basically starts scanning, but gets stuck at 0% and crashes if you try to stop the scan. I can keep using XBMC, but it's just perpetually stuck at 0% and no new movies or TV shows get added to the library.

I've tried removing the sources and re-adding them, but it only added about half the movies and TV shows before crashing and now it gets stuck at 0% again. I'm starting to wonder if it's a particular file that's causing this problem. If so, I'd like to know how to work out which one it is. I'm also concerned that I may have filled up the internal memory on the aTV as my library is quite large (over 500 movies, and 160 different tv shows - god knows how many episodes...)

I'd be interested to hear what people think about this and ideas they might have to isolate the problem and solve it. If you need me to provide any further information, just let me know.

Thanks in advance Big Grin
This is probably due to a permission issue covered in the FAQ:

Quote:Q: Settings are not saved, Updates don't work, Clone Settings from any XBMC to ATV2
A: Fix the permissions of the data folder by doing the following in ssh:
chown -R mobile: /User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

If that's not the case then it may be a scraper issue. Did you try a different scraper to see if that changes anything ? If the problem is more complicated than that, you'll need to provide a debug log if you want people to help. I suggest keeping the scanning going for a couple of minutes and then try to stop it in order to capture both the failed scanning and the crash.
Thanks for the advice. I tried the permissions fix, but it didn't solve the issue.

I'll try a debug log when I have the time.
I think I found the fix. I looked at the debug log and the update seemed to be getting stuck on som RAR files that contained subpacks for a bunch of older movies that I recently transferred to the NAS. Deleted those files and everything seems to be working correctly.

For n00bs who may be experiencing something similar, you can find the debug log here:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log

Just log into your aTV using the SSH protocol on your FTP client of choice and entering in the IP address of you aTV. Username and password should be "root" and "alpine" respectively. All you need to do then is browse to that directory and download/open xbmc.log.

If my instructions don't make any sense, try following these ones:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=707144&postcount=2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning for new movies stuck at 0%...0