Native game for XBMC?
Hello,

Is there any native game or game console emulator (such as C64 or Sinclair ZX Spectrum) for XBMC as addon or plugin? I am not asking for external games or applications.

Thanks
No.
lol, probably not at all what you're looking for,
but i coded tic-tac-toe in the Transparency! skin.

it is coded entirely in xml and i was kinda surprised
it was possible to code a (simple) game just using xml.

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:lol, probably not at all what you're looking for,
but i coded tic-tac-toe in the Transparency! skin.

it is coded entirely in xml and i was kinda surprised
it was possible to code a (simple) game just using xml.

At least that's a starting point Smile
I remember seeing a few little games like this inside xbmc (or python) tetris, slot machine, dice game....
joebrady Wrote:I remember seeing a few little games like this inside xbmc (or python) tetris, slot machine, dice game....

I found and downloaded them but I think they were broken with dharma.
I don't doubt that, I knew it had been awhile since I remembered seeing them. Maybe you can contact the Authors?
Greatly depend on the type of game you wish to create.
Games such as tetris and any which can use the guilib are possible to create.
Games who needs OpenGL, essentially apps, are not. Each of those would need to do some porting to be xbmc games (much like how you need to port to android and iphone etc.) but we could have that type of extension support in xbmc if someone took time for it. Essentially it would be very much like our visualizations, and it would take lots of the code from there. Shouldn't be an extreme addition I would guess.

If you want to make games such as emulators then you probably rather want to create a player (and perhaps a plugin to navigate the roms) and this is not supported either. We would like to have addon players I would bet as that would allow flash based players, webbrowser players and such but its not a small thing to add. While players are abstracted in xbmc and we could most definatly make addons for that the core features players depend on are not properly abstracted nor have clean APIs. For example audio and video output. AudioEngine is a big step towards that but we would need a similair engine for video also which other players could use to give their created output to. This only works for the simpler emulators though and those which use opengl would need a much more modular approach where you would create just a module which "decodes" the rom but also presents the video but is able to send the audio to audio engine.

Its very possible to add but most of these stuff requires quite a bit of core love before perfectly possible. Much of the stuff needed however have big uses in xbmc besides the "novelty" of games so one could hope that someone finds time to do it.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Tic tac toe as an game in XBMC would be cool Smile
Image :cool:
cider123 Wrote:Tic tac toe as an game in XBMC would be cool Smile

yes. if some simple games (like tic tac toe, tetris etc) will be available as addon would be cool.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Native game for XBMC?0