Amd E350 temprature too hot?
Hi,

I recently bought one of these

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation...1034&lid=1

sapphire e350 zacate to run xbmc not quite sure if i'm going linux / windows 7 route yet, however when running it even on open bench the bios reports an idle temp of 61c+ and it's winter in South Africa!
Is this normal? I haven't even installed an OS or anything this is just idle in the bios? Could anyone please share their temps and opinions on this and also if it gets too hot will it shut off like most intel chips do?

Thx
panic when u get 95° Smile

1st Htpc : LC-power LC1360MI case with MSI E350IA-E45 , 2x2gb patriot , 2tb samsung eco
2nd Htpc : same as above except ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe
That seems pretty high for this board with a fan. I would install an O/S and then make sure you have the latest bios and CPU/GPU drivers installed to see if that helps. You could also try re-seating the APU with new thermal grease.

Here is a link to an article for an E350 board that has a fan. It idles in the low 40's and is in the low 60's under load :
http://www.eteknix.com/motherboards/jetw...162/page16
well if it's this hot in winter what's it going to be like in summer? I plan on using this box 24/7 and if it's like this it won't last long....
Mallet21 Wrote:That seems pretty high for this board with a fan. I would install an O/S and then make sure you have the latest bios and CPU/GPU drivers installed to see if that helps. You could also try re-seating the APU with new thermal grease.

Here is a link to an article for an E350 board that has a fan. It idles in the low 40's and is in the low 60's under load :
http://www.eteknix.com/motherboards/jetw...162/page16

Thx just wanted to confirm my initial thoughts were correct
mine is 62° also idle , about 71° full load

the board can make it up to 95° without any error ! so dont be affraid !

1st Htpc : LC-power LC1360MI case with MSI E350IA-E45 , 2x2gb patriot , 2tb samsung eco
ok i replaced the apu with new thermal paste and maybe after 45-60 min it's idling at 35c thx alot gonna upgrade bios next
hmmm does it do that much :| strange ...

The previous "paste" if u can call it that.... Is of really poor quality it's almost like there was no paste at all, and my temps were taken from the mobo in the enclosure closed.
Genibox Wrote:The previous "paste" if u can call it that.... Is of really poor quality it's almost like there was no paste at all, and my temps were taken from the mobo in the enclosure closed.

Usually in that cases not having paste at all is better... and in perfect or near perfect conditions not having paste at all is the best thing.

It's always advisable in pre mounted cooling solutions (VGAs/Chipsets/Others) to remove the cooler, clean well and replace with only the exact amount of "good" paste to cover micro pores and gaps between surfaces of contact accounted to poor design of cooler surface and mounting solution.

Very little products have rigorous and good insulation paste methods to apply it or use paste with good thermal transmission, so you most certainly see a positive result in every case you do this.

You can use lapping in the coolers, mostly of chips (northbridge/southbridge/embedded systems) , which surface are 99% crap, with huge striations, to reduce the use of paste to the minimum, or even correct or account for the surface of contact (concave almost every time) of the chip, reducing even more the use of paste or even avoiding it, even design a proper mounting solution/mod.

Depending of the tools, materials, knowledge, experience and your level of obsession are the results you get.

If you are looking for thermal compound I recommend you Antec FORMULA 7 Nano Diamond Thermal Compound, it's 17 dollars in newegg, you can do at least 8-13 applications with one syringe, i usually have 20-30, but I'm a maniac.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amd E350 temprature too hot?0