QWERTZ, QZERTY, AZERTY and Dvorak as virtual keyboard layout(s)?
Lightbulb 
hi,

i don't find where is setting for azerty keyboard in xbmc.

greets,
starswan
the what?

oh and if you think xbmc misses something, you dont go ahead and label it a bug ok?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok sorry, my post is missed, i was very tired when i have write the post...and nothing to arrange i write english badly...
sorry :bowdown: !

it is a correction that i ask for xbmc.
xbmc makes it possible to connect a mouse and a keyboard usb, but in the france we don't have same the keyboard... i know the french never make the things as the other countries...

picture : qwerty vs azerty http://hautrive.free.fr/noirs/azerty.png

here, a picture which shows the difference between the azerty keyboard and the qwerty keyboard. thank you if there were the possibility of choosing the keyboard in xboxmediacenter.xml, or maybe à new config file as "keabooard-definition.xml".
if it's not possible, i buy a usb keyboard international "qwerty" on international shop online Sad

here, i hope that my message is more clearly now...
greets,
starswan
well, how the code works is we take the ascii code from the key, so it shouldn't matter i don't think what the actual layout is, assuming the keyboard reports that you pressed the 'a' key instead of the 'q' key (which i would think it probably does).

if it doesn't work as expected, i'm sure that there is something that can be done about it.

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

thanks jmarshall for your answer !
yes it's exactly that, when i pressed on the 'a' key, it is the 'q' key which is showed in xbmc.

greets,
starswan
in that case, there'd need to be a translation done in software.

to be honest, it's not a high priority for me or others to do this, i'm afraid. there's just too much other stuff to work on which effects a larger user base than this particular feature.

we can't have everything, and unfortunately it appears that the debug keyboard support on which we rely is only setup for a us keyboard layout.

it'd require a bunch of translation stuff added.

if you know c/c++ then you could always look into it yourself.

ok, i will see with modhack (same country) if one can make some things or can be if there is possibility of making a script python for this little problem.
if not possible, i'll buy a new usb qwerty keyboard.

thanks you,
greets,
starswan
if would be nice if you had the option to display the virtual keyboard in a qwerty layout instead of the current alphabetical layout. i'm so used to typing, i find the current layout cumbersome.

thanks.
it's skinnable - feel free to change it yourself.

just kinda sick of looking for the letters when i know where they are on a standard keyboard if you can fix that it would be cool thanks
you can 'fix' it yourself, it's skinnable (and not hard-coded)
* Billsmith feels stupid
sorry bout that should have read up a bit more oh well ill get to it thanks gamester17
can you edit the keyboard layout to fit an actual pc keyboard (qwertz or qwerty) and even better which will automatically rearrange if you change the language?

"dvd remote direct jump"
in addition to that could you implement when browsing through folders you can press for example key 2 once for an "a", twice for a "b" and three times for a "c". just like used on cells! it would be easier to navigate. so you could enter like 3 characters to jump to the specific folder!!!

why xbmc sometimes shows something about minutes for the "time left" but the video actually is shorter. sometimes for tv series they are like 38mins but the osd says "elapsed time" / 00:47:xx. some videos are perfectly recognized and others not! this occured to me with svcd, vcd and divx/xvid encoded stuff!!! what could be the problem with that?
i would appreciate qwerty as well. i cant seem to find the letters fast enough with the alphabetical layout keyboard layout.

a qwerty change is actually an issue purely with the skin though and so the request should be in the graphical design forum.
i am not sure if this is a graphical design thing or if it is a suggestion for the devs. anyways, i have always thought about how much the onscreen keyboard is difficult to you. it would be great if it had a numpad on the right and included all of the buttons a standard qwerty keyboard has in the same layout. a caps lock button (dunno if there is currently one or not) would be very nice. just a suggestion, any chances of this happening?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QWERTZ, QZERTY, AZERTY and Dvorak as virtual keyboard layout(s)?0