Any chance for AFP in Eden?
I would be happy for it, if possible. I believe there's a ticket on trac. Thanks for feedback.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

it's a work in progress.
Thanks. Fingers crossed!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi

I'm a long-time user of XBMC (and of Xbox Media Player in fact, in the old first XBOX time). As I'm considering buying an Apple TV, I would like to be able to use it with my HD with AFP protocol instead of SMB (should be faster).

With several other messages, I thought that it was not something in progress, so I began to look of ways to do it : netatalk (afp server), afpsfs-ng (AFP client using FUSE initialy), self-made implementation. By seeing that latest versions of afps-ng has been rewritten as a library, I began to work on this solution.

But a few minutes ago, I just saw that davilla is working on this : http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5092

Maybe I can help, instead of making the same thing on my side.
Wink
Sky ... you could use my work as a base. I think this should be the most current version of the work in progress.

https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/tree/afpclient

libafpclient is a buggy bocky bastard ... it locks up on HD movies ... and its hard to debug because it allways fires some SIG_USR1 when in debugger (which pauses debugging everytime ... if you don't click "continue" fast enough - it'll crash).

So davilla suggested to refactor the libafpclient since the bugs seem to be in there. No easy thing i think.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'd love to see AFP support to currently having a nightmare getting mediatomb running stable on my nas as I don't want to run both SMB & AFP although looks like i'm gonna have to Sad
Memphiz Wrote:Sky ... you could use my work as a base. I think this should be the most current version of the work in progress.

https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/tree/afpclient
Thanks a lot : I got everything and began to check what has been done
Memphiz Wrote:libafpclient is a buggy bocky bastard ... it locks up on HD movies ... and its hard to debug because it allways fires some SIG_USR1 when in debugger (which pauses debugging everytime ... if you don't click "continue" fast enough - it'll crash).

So davilla suggested to refactor the libafpclient since the bugs seem to be in there. No easy thing i think.
And something has been decided for that ?
since afsfs-ng upstream seems inactive, I'm suggesting the best thing to do is factor out afpclient from afsfs-ng and fork it. We don't care about fuse, can't mount into the ios filesystem anyway.

We have at least three xbmc devs that would be interested in moving this along.
davilla Wrote:since afsfs-ng upstream seems inactive, I'm suggesting the best thing to do is factor out afpclient from afsfs-ng and fork it. We don't care about fuse, can't mount into the ios filesystem anyway.

We have at least three xbmc devs that would be interested in moving this along.
It would allow to create, at least, an independent library for AFP protocol. I like the idea.
we do it right and I bet a lot of apps would jump to add afpclient capability.
Now we just need NFS and my house will be SMB free Smile
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:Now we just need NFS and my house will be SMB free Smile

hehe, -> 192 (PR)
Sweet baby jesus. It's actually coming true.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Is there a better way to talk about this matter (IRC, github or any other thing) ?
join #xbmc or #xbmc-ios on freenode irc ... davilla and some others are usually hanging out there Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any chance for AFP in Eden?0