Any chance for AFP in Eden?
Hi,

Is there anything new to that topic? I, too, am very interested in AFP. Maybe I can help with coding or testing?

EmKay
nothing new. the general consensus is to take afpfs-ng, refactor it down to only apfclient usage.
Sorry guys, I haven't been able to provide more news about this thing.

I found that afpfs-ng is really really buggy. Moreover, I'm overloaded with my job.
I set up recently a public github repository with afps-fs 0.8.1 work : https://github.com/Sky-git/afpfs-ng-fork

I will soon put CVS source because of UTF-8 improvements present in it. I wanted to first fix a few things before refactoring it. I know Lion made a few annoying changes for XBMC (sharing, Rosetta, etc.) and AFP support would be really great, but things doesn't always go as planned...
Really sorry to hear that. Hopefully somebody will jump in to help.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I had a little spare time so I looked at the AFP case Wink

I've begun to make some patches to the latest official release of afpfs-ng. As davilla added in xbmc main sources a compilation of it using a patch in the Makefile, would it be acceptable to have, for now, in the generation process of this library, a set of patches before compilation on the sources also ?

I'll receive my Mac soon (hopefully) so I'll resume the rest of the bug-hunting process, but slowly...
patches are doable during development. I did this aswell for doing the nfs support. The goal would be to get your patches up to the upstream devs of course.

Great to here that you've taken the challange to beat that nasty afp bugs Wink - i'm standing right behind you hehe *ducking*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That's why I forked your repo (you already have what's necessary to use libafpclient in XBMC).

Up until now, I focused on the library on my linux box. With my own tests with afpcmd, tcpdump, ethereal, I made some progress. I would have prefered to resume the original afpfs-ng project, but I'm not sure it will be possible (aside from the library, I think the other tools are really useful and deserve being maintained). The fork might come true Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any chance for AFP in Eden?0