[ipod] looking for the perfect XBMC Skin
Hi,

my daughters iPod is equipped with the original XMBC Skin and it is not very usable with the iPod.

Does anyone have a better skin?

PT-1
That's interesting. as far as I know, xbmc does not run on any ipod.
davilla Wrote:That's interesting. as far as I know, xbmc does not run on any ipod.

I can't tell if you're making a joke or just being an ass Tongue It's very common to call the iPod touch just an "iPod".

pt-1: I don't have the links handy, but search for either the Quartz skin or the xTV-SAF skins. They have larger "buttons" making them a lot easier to use on the smaller screen. However, even those leave much to be desired, so don't get your hopes up too high.

The unofficial nightly build has some additional touch gestures to help make up for this, so you might want to check that out as well (look for the sticky thread).

I would love to see a skin for the iPhone/iPod touch, but I don't know if anyone is actually working on one. But, as with all open source, if no one else has done it yet then you are free to try yourself. With that in mind I have started to read about how to make XBMC skins.. but it's not going to be some over night thing. Maybe everyone who's eager for the iPhone-sized skin can get together and pool our resources?
Hi,

sorry for the delay, yes correct it is an iPod Touch 64GB.

Just installed the latest nightly and the view is now sideways and a mouse keeps coming up. Not sure how to activate the "swipe" feature .

I have a dig around if I can find the mentioned skins and check how I activate them.
A few days ago I discovered something that will help you out in the short run. It's not perfect, but it can really help when you need to hit some control that tiny on the screen. In iOS4 go to: Settings -> General -> Accessibility

You can turn on zoom here (activates with three fingers) and it will let you zoom in on the screen in any application, including XBMC. I personally turn on the "Triple-click Home" option to "Ask" and then turn zoom on or off as I need it (granted it would be hard to accidentally activate).

We're also trying to figure out how to use swipe navigation for over-all general control in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103609

If we can get the swipe navigation working then XBMC on the iPhone/iPod then any skin will be usable (at least for navigation. It would still be great to have a small screen skin for movie summaries, direct touch nav, etc).
I use the PM3 HD skin.

The display can be switched to rather large icons for content / video directories, and the on-screen controller is much friendlier to a finger:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/thumb/f/ff/O....PM3HD.png

I love the zoom tip/trick, definitely good to know!
Hi,

has something changed since 2011?
I am also looking for good skin for iPod Touch 4.
(2014-01-11, 20:15)and7ey Wrote: Hi,

has something changed since 2011?
I am also looking for good skin for iPod Touch 4.

Not a whole lot, sadly. However, I think with the Android port being more developed, we'll have a better chance of a skinner taking an interest in this and making a small screen skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ipod] looking for the perfect XBMC Skin0