Flac sound stopped with music collection
Everything was working fine yesterday evening, this morning I don't get any sound from Flac. I don't have any problems with movies running AC3 passthru or DTS. I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-32 and am using HDMI. Any ideas?
Still have no idea what the problem was, I just uninstalled XBMC and reinstalled and that fixed it.
Sad 
It just happened again, my receiver shows PCM on the front panel if that means anything to anyone. Going to uninstall and try again. Ugh.
Winamp plays just fine through my receiver.

My Audio Output settings for XBMC are:

HDMI
Boost volume level on downmix - off
Dolby Digital capable receiver - on
DTS capable receiver - on
Audio output device - DirectSound: VSX-32 (High Definition Audio Device)

I'm running Windows 7 x64
XBMC running on Gigabyte H55-USB3
i5 650 3.2GHz CPU - not OC

I don't have any issues with movies playing DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1.
Debug log?

JR
Question 
I'm having the same issue as 288enzo. This probably sounds silly but let me know how to grab the debug log and I will post mine.

I'm going from my PC with HDMI to Sony receiver. Some of the Flac will play but most doesn't. It seems like the 5.1 flac encoded files are the problem although they work fine through my PC directly with Winamp (to the same receiver).

It's almost like XBMC is stumbling over the 5.1...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
charlesteck Wrote:This probably sounds silly but let me know how to grab the debug log and I will post mine.

First turn on debugging from System settings, System, Debugging then restart XBMC, do whatever it takes to reproduce the error and close XBMC again.

To open the debug log press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into pastebin.com and post the link it gives you here.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flac sound stopped with music collection0