Best energy-efficient Hardware for 1080p ?
Hi everybody,

i'm using the ATV 1 (Crystalbuntu ) where the power consumation is very low .

I'm searching for a better alternative, because i'm not 100% satisfied .
(Boot time too big, does not play every content without any problems and so on...)

Does it exits alternative "stream player hardware" for xbmc?
I do not really need a internal harddisk . The ATV2 is also a good thing, but i'm only interessted in hardware which are really "omnivore" player .

Any hints?
BCM970012

Crystalbuntu, based on Sam's Image
My Acer Revo 3610 uses about 20W when playing 1080p video. Given that a LCD TV uses 100-200W depending on the brightness, the power consumed by the computer is negligable.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:My Acer Revo 3610 uses about 20W when playing 1080p video. Given that a LCD TV uses 100-200W depending on the brightness, the power consumed by the computer is negligable.

JR

i read a test article that the consumation from a Acer Revo is between 29-36W. That fantastic , but the Revo does not have a digital sound output or am i wrong? No SPDIF or COAXIAL Output .. I do not want miss DTS
Eek
BCM970012

Crystalbuntu, based on Sam's Image
My Revo 3610 has an SPDIF socket, and it can also send audio through the HDMI connection. The 3610 has been superceded by the 3700 but I believe this has the same connectors as the 3610 (along with a slightly faster CPU).

JR
My AMD E350 uses 13w when idle in Windows 7. When idle in XBMC, it uses 20-21w. When playing 1080p videos, it is actually lower at 19w. I also removed the stock fan.
MasterOe Wrote:i read a test article that the consumation from a Acer Revo is between 29-36W. That fantastic , but the Revo does not have a digital sound output or am i wrong? No SPDIF or COAXIAL Output .. I do not want miss DTS
Eek

I have a revo and can confirm that it does had a spdif and does allow pass through. Also has HDMI and if the worst comes to the worst you could always buy an external soundcard (as is did) for more control over your audio.

I have a 3610 and i use "Cirrus Extended v2" as a skin and you couldnt imagine just how fast, smooth, gorgeous and feature rich that this little revo can look and feel with the right configuration.

I thought mine was too weak at first, but after trying a lot of skins and tinkering with the dds art work etc i can confirm that if you get a revo and slam on 10.1, Cirrus Extended v2 and configure it with dds fanart you will have a media centre that no one can see (as its bolted to the back of my tv) is fast, quiet, plays all the media you could dream of and with a skin that just looks incredible on screen.

I say grab a 3610 and have fun with it, i love mine and would/will buy another in a heartbeat.

Plays 1080p bluray and mkvs perfectly and send dts audio etc via my spdif.

2 thumbs up here for the little revo, xbmc 10.1, Cirrus Extended V2 and a few plugins such as mflow/weather plus/psudeo tv/cinema experience etc.. Amazing stuff Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best energy-efficient Hardware for 1080p ?0