Interlaced playback
am i right at assuming the xbmc doesn't really support interlaced playback at the moment, becouse of the mplayer can't actually handle interlaced playback right?

the situation is, i have 50hz pal widescreentv and interlaced recordings from dvb-c. one way i have got this work is with mplayer parameter to ignore all odd or even fields, but then the vertical resolution drops from 576 -> 288, not good but atleast the motion is smooooooooooth. with deinterlace filter the motion gets some choppyness, and adding flicker filter the motion get's kind of smooth, not really natural and hte picture is very blurry - looking like picture in all those 100hz tv's Confused

i got some smooooth motion and crystal clear picture with original resolution (720x576i) and some mplayer switch with the cvs version somewhere start february, but the picture lost it's sync (interlace sync, not the audio-video sync) after rr or rw, and the audio-video sync get too long to stable or if it really stabled at all...

are there any cure for this disease at this moment? and will there be a good support for interlaced playback in the new dvd core, and will it be able to playback other file formats with that new core?

dvd-movies with the other xbox dvd-players looks like or even better than in my pioneer dvd-player (with special made rgb-cable, the chinese advanced-scart xbox cable was crap...)

teemus

ps. if you can't get the idea what's my problem i think i can send some videoclips...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interlaced playback0