No script on nightlies
Hi everyone !

Since I switched from dharma to the nightlies, I get an error every time I try to launch a script.

Here is a debug log where I try to launch XBMC Subtitle : http://pastebin.com/S4m6Z3Dn.
Seems like XBMC can't find the .py, but it definately exists. Everything was working fine until I switched to the nightlies. It hasn't been working for a month, and I tried several builds during this time.
(recentlyadded and tvtunes give the same error).

Any ideas ?
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
You have to switch also to a nightly compatible skin!
I tried both Confluence and Night SVN.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
You've installed nightly build and uninstalled dharma (complete uninstall) first ?
The nightlies use a different implementation of Python, which may or may not have caused the problem. I note that your userdata directory has é in the path. I wonder if the new Python code is not handling this character properly.

I've just tried an autoexec.py with a nightly from about a week ago, and that works fine. It would probably be a bit of a pain to create a new username with just ASCII characters, but as a quick test you could try running XBMC in portable mode and putting the autoexec.py in "C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data\userdata".

JR
Will try that, thanks Wink
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
Definately works in portable mode, thanks.

Do I need to report it somewhere or to create a ticket or this thread is all that is needed for the dev to be aware of the pb ?
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11631

I've reproduced the problem on my system by creating a username with é in it. Thanks for reporting the problem.

JR
Thanks for taking the time to look at it.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
This should be fixed from the 14th June nightly build.

JR
I installed the 14th June nighty, and it's still not working.

log : http://pastebin.com/TTzYNweU

It created me a new folder under C:/Users. My profile folder is 'Cinéma', and the new folder is called 'Cinéma'. Inside, there's an AppData folder, roaming, etc.. The only files are for the next.aired script. And it's the only one which seems to be working (at least it seems so in the log).
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
Maybe the change wasn't made in time to get into the 14th build. Try todays build (15th) and see if it still gives the error. When I tested it was compiling from the source code, not from the nightly build.

JR
From the log it seems that python fails to import the missing bits. This might have worked in the past since we wrapped python with our own vfs which isn't the case anymore. Doubt that this is easy fixable.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
@jhsrennie : Same with today build.

@WiSo : No idea what you're talking about, but I dig a little digging around that folder that appeared with the June 14th patch. I took the script.xbmcsubtitle from my profile folder (C:/Users/Cinéma/AppData/etc.) and paste it into the new created profile folder (C:/Users/Cinéma/AppData/etc.). I was then able to launch the script in XBMC. It worked. At least it launches, show me the window, and then it can't download or extract the subtitle, I'm thinking because the wrong folder and path are being used and it messes up with the temporary download folder of the script.
Anyway, it's way better than before.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
I've tested the 15th June build and it plays the autoexec.py correctly, so the original bug has been fixed. It may be a bug in a script or addon. I note that there is a new version of Trakt at http://trakt.tv/downloads/xbmc specifically for Eden.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No script on nightlies0