Default menu item in Home Window
Hi

firstly, thanks for an amazing skin!!

I use the Home Window as my default start screen. However, whenever I start with Aeon the default menu item displayed in the Home Window is 'TV Shows'. How can I change that to 'Movies'?

Best regards,
Sundance
That all depends on which version of Aeon you are using.
I am using Aeon MQ 2, Ver 2.8.1, Rev 105
So, is there a way of doing it in the above release?
i'd like to know this too, mine starts with settingsHuh
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=819...count=4291
thanks for the link, will try later
Thanks for the link.

However, it does not help for the MQ2 release. Neither the line number nor the content referred to in that post is in that XML file of the MQ2 release. It must have been referencing an older version.

The question still stands. Anybody?
IT DOES work with MQ2, it just takes some figuring out. so on Include)mainMenu.xml

i moved my custom playlists to just after TV guide, like this. of course it depends on whether you have certain menu items active or not, I have tvguide off for example, so if yours is on it may need to go a block above, make a backup and have a play about with it

Code:
<item id="14"><!--tvguide-->
                    <label fallback="310291">$INFO[Skin.String(mainmenu_customTVGuide_Label)]</label>
          <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(no1080p)">BackgroundVarsTVGuide720</include>
                    <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(no1080p)">BackgroundVarsTVGuide1080</include>
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(1116)</onclick>
                    <visible>system.hasaddon(script.tv.show.next.aired) + !Skin.HasSetting(notvguide)</visible>
                </item>
                <item id="11"><!--Playlist-->
                  <label fallback="31027">$INFO[Skin.String(mainmenu_customPlaylist_Label)]</label>
                    <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(no1080p)">BackgroundVarsPlaylist720</include>
                    <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(no1080p)">BackgroundVarsPlaylist1080</include>
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(musicplaylist)</onclick>
                    <visible>Player.HasAudio + !Skin.HasSetting(noplaylist) + !IsEmpty(MusicPlayer.property(fanart_image))</visible>
        </item>
be kind, rewind
Thanks for the addl. info. I guess I need more help cause I can't get it to work. I tried moving the containers up and down to no success.

First of all, let's make sure I am working on the right file. I use

/Users/[me]/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/addons/skin.aeonmq.2/720p/includes_mainmenu.xml

In there I am looking at this container:

Code:
<includes>
    <include name="MainMenu">
        <control type="wraplist" id="300">
            <content>
                <item id="16"><!--musicvideos-->
                <item id="1"><!--music [X]-->
                <item id="1"><!--music-->
                <item id="6"><!--movies [X]-->
                <item id="3"><!--cinema experience-->
                <item id="13"><!--DVD-->
                <item id="7"><!--tvshows [X]-->
                <item id="14"><!--tvguide-->
                <item id="2"><!--games-->
                <item id="2"><!--games (launcher)-->
                <item id="5"><!--pictures [X]-->
                <item id="9"><!--settings [X]-->
                <item id="27"><!--aeon mq [X]-->
                <item id="10"><!--weather [X]-->
                <item id="12"><!--addons [X]-->
                <item id="24"><!--programs-->
                <item id="22"><!--shutdown-->
                <item id="23"><!--signout-->
                <item id="25"><!--favourites-->
                <item id="26"><!--trailers [X]-->
                <item id="4"><!--pseudotv-->
                <item id="8"><!--videos [X]-->
                <item id="31"><!--custom favourites 1-->
            </content>

I have put an [X] behind all items I have active in my main menu. TV Shows is always the initial focused item in my home menu when starting XBMC.

If it is true that the third active item in the container list is shown as the initial focused one then it should have helped that I moved the Pictures container above the Movies container. But it did not help.

I moved containers up and down in different combinations, but TV Shows always shows up focused.

I want Movies to be focused. Any more tips for me?
I am still hanging with this issue unresolved. Anyone can help?
Ok, I figured it out. So here are the instructions of how to change the default main menu item.

1)
It is important to know which file you have to edit. For each of the different performance settings of Aeon MQ you need to edit a different XML file. All these files reside in:
\User\<you>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.2\720p
  • Lite mode -> Includes_LiteMainMenu.xml
  • Compact mode -> Includes_FastMainMenu.xml
  • Normal mode -> Includes_NormalMainMenu.xml
  • Full mode -> Includes_MainMenu.xml

2)
Open the file and navigate to the container <control type="wraplist" id="300"> at about line 28. Compare the following collapsed code view:
Code:
<includes>
   <include name="FastMainMenu">
      <control type="button" id="330">
      <control type="button" id="331">
      [b][i]<control type="wraplist" id="300">[/i][/b]

3)
There are two sub-containers in there that are important for the default focused main menu item.

The main menu always shows three items. Usually the middle one is focused. But you can also focus the one the left or the one on the right. This is done by the setting:
Code:
<focusposition>2</focusposition>
1 = Left item
2 = Middle item
3 = Right item

Which item is focused (independently from its position) is defined by the sequence of the menu items that you find in the <content> container, a few lines below the <focusposition>. In the <content> container there is one <item> container for each main menu item, whether disabled or not in your configuration. The sequence of these item containers defines the default focus. It is always the third enabled item from the top.

Look at this sample:
Code:
<content>
    <item id="2"><!--games-->
    <item id="2"><!--games (launcher)-->
    <item id="3"><!--cinema experience-->
    <item id="4"><!--pseudotv-->
    <item id="5"><!--pictures-->
    <item id="6"><!--movies-->
    <item id="7"><!--tvshows-->
    <item id="8"><!--videos-->

In my configuration I have enabled "Music", "Pictures", "Movies", "TV Shows" and "Videos". That makes "Movies" the third enabled item in the above list. It will be the default focus in the main menu. If you want "Videos" your default focus, copy the videos item container and move it above the movies container.

---

Ok, I hope this is explaining it sufficiently so you can play around with your main menu settings.

Best regards,
Sundance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default menu item in Home Window0