L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 2 GB
ATI Radeon 9600:
Chipset Model : ATY,RV351
Type: Display
Bus: AGP
Slot: SLOT-1
VRAM (Total): 128 MB

my plan was to use this as HTPC since its more silent than my current rack.
I quickly ran into a big problem. the mac i able to detect both my my pc monitor and sony tv, but it isn't able to detect my denon avr 1911 surround receiver. up until now I have been using a windows xp machine which had no problem detecting the surround receiver.
so I was wondering if anyone might know of a way to force it send out signal, or a way to change some settings to make it detect the reciever.

thanks in advance
VortexDK
How are you connecting it to the Denon?
I have a DVI - HDMI converter directly in the graphics card and then a HDMI cable to the BD port on the receiver, besides this I have an optical cable between the mac and the receiver for sound. don't know if there is sound connected to the graphics card internally, but I doubt that.
What's a BD port?

I've never known a mac to "detect" a receiver.

Is your Denon set up to use HDMI with optical audio on the same input?
Is the G5 set up for external speaker?
Is the optical output lit up red inside?
the BD port is just HDMI port ment for Blue Ray players, it's just the one I have choosen to use.
the Denon is set to use the HDMI port I have have choosen together with the optical audio input.
the G5 is set up to use the external speakers by the optical output, and there is light in the cable.

By detecting the receiver, I mean that it doesn't see the secondary screen output, because it can't see the receiver as a screen.
So when I go to system preferences -> Displays -> I can only choose settings for my samsung monitor
If your TV has multiple HDMI inputs, try connecting it to that.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I believe you mean that I should just connect the G5 directly to the tv, that would solve the problem, since the G5 has no problem sending signal directly to the tv. I just wish to have everything connected to the receiver and then only have one hdmi cable to the tv, like I had with my other HTPC.
Somewhere your receiver isn't sending a bit or a signal to let it know that it is connected. Do you have the receiver switched to output to the TV when your are messing with it?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
yeah I had the tv and the receiver turned on and on the right channel.
A thing I have noticed is that when I have the G5 switched on and then switch the receiver on, the pc monitor turns blue and then comes back, as if it detects a new output. but it doesn't show up in the settings and there is no picture on the tv.

Edit:
hey guys, I have found the problem. the HDMI port I have have been using is somehow broken, I changed the cable to the next HDMI port and suddenly it works without any porblems. I guess I have to send in my Denon for repair, still got the garantee. Sorry for wasting your time, and thanks for the help and fast replies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] PowerMac G5 and Denon Receiver0