Wake On Lan Windows 7
mrfatboy Wrote:The green light is blinking on my network connection on the back of the 3600. I guess you are out of luck. Hopefully they will to a bios update.

I reckon so too - thanks for all suggestions though!
I have a revo 3700 as well. Can't get it to work, and I have a feeling its just a bios thing right now and they need to update. Hopefully this will get enabled soon.
Thanks - glad it's not just me! Will await the BIOS update with baited breath!
You both should be contacting acer about a bios update. Try to get to somebody that knows whats going on.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease Smile
mrfatboy Wrote:You both should be contacting acer about a bios update. Try to get to somebody that knows whats going on.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease Smile

You're prob right to be honest, this is the response I got though:

Quote:Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Rakesh) - 21/07/2011 11.46 AM
Dear Kevin Hodgson,

We apologise for the delay in responding to your e-mail.

Regarding your enquiry, we have verified our records and found wake on LAN option is not provided with your computer. However, the LAN card LED should glow when the ethernet cable is connected to it, even if the computer is turned off or in sleep mode.

For further assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail or contact us on 0871 760 1000 (UK), 0818 202 210 (Eire).

Regards
Rakesh Vankayala
Agent ID 1168
Acer UK Online Technical Support Team

Will try and get onto someone who knows what they're talking about as I'm sure at some point the Ebuyer description did say that it was WOL ready, but now it doesn't! (Maybe I dreamt it though).
I called them about it before. The guy that answered seemed like a bit of a dullard and didn't know what Wake on Lan was. He tried to push me off onto paid support to get an answer. I'm not going to call paid support on something like this because it just seems silly.
rchapoteau Wrote:I called them about it before. The guy that answered seemed like a bit of a dullard and didn't know what Wake on Lan was. He tried to push me off onto paid support to get an answer. I'm not going to call paid support on something like this because it just seems silly.

Exactly, me either. I'm willing to bet that even paid support won't know what they're talking about..
You might try the Acer revo forums. You really need to get a hold of an engineer. Sometimes those guys watch the forums.
I don't have a revo but i have a question for you. Did you try WOL when using a different OS?
I have a dell and at the beginning i was using ubuntu+xbmc and WOL was working perfectly. Then, because of DVXA, i moved to xp and WOL was still working perfectly. Last month, again because of DVXA, i migrated to 7. WOL stopped working. I have checked all settings of the LAN driver and i still haven't managed to make it work...

I have read on some forums that you need to install and run as service "Simple TCPIP services" in order to activate WOL but i haven't tried it yet.
On other forums i have found that activating "Enable PME" in driver parameters should do the trick but i don't have this option on my PC...

Hope it helps...
mrfatboy Wrote:You might try the Acer revo forums. You really need to get a hold of an engineer. Sometimes those guys watch the forums.

When you say the "Acer revo forums" do you mean a specific forum that's being run by Acer? I wasn't aware there was an official one - I've posted on the Acer guy's forum though..
gainusha Wrote:I don't have a revo but i have a question for you. Did you try WOL when using a different OS?
I have a dell and at the beginning i was using ubuntu+xbmc and WOL was working perfectly. Then, because of DVXA, i moved to xp and WOL was still working perfectly. Last month, again because of DVXA, i migrated to 7. WOL stopped working. I have checked all settings of the LAN driver and i still haven't managed to make it work...

I have read on some forums that you need to install and run as service "Simple TCPIP services" in order to activate WOL but i haven't tried it yet.
On other forums i have found that activating "Enable PME" in driver parameters should do the trick but i don't have this option on my PC...

Hope it helps...

Thanks for advice - I haven't actually tried it under a different OS, so not sure if this might make any difference.

I have set up and am running the Simple TCP/IP service though because I too read this advice somewhere else - no difference. Don't think I have a specific "Enable PME" option in driver but if you look at my post here (http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/14...-revo-3700) you can see the stuff I've covered in the advanced driver options. To be honest though I've come to the conclusion that the driver options are now irrelevant. If Acer are telling me it can't do WoL and there is no specific WoL option in the BIOS (and the LAN port never lights up when the machine is off or asleep) I have to assume that it just can't do WoL currently! Will need to pressure Acer for an update. Shocked
In my 3600 bios. WOL is enabled by turning on "Wake by PCIE" if I remember correctly. There was no specific WOL option.
If you use the Android app... simple remove the 9 from the port configuration and it will work...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake On Lan Windows 70