[Sound] Asrock Vision 3D
Hello,

Been trying different settings in XMBCFreaks LiveCD 10.1 for four straight hours now.. and I have still not gotten any sound over my HDMI cable.

Is there a kind soul in here who could let me know if its even possible to get this to work? Do I need to download some drivers, or is there a setting with the audiomixer / audio settings that will instantly make it work?

If anyone have any info for me, please share! I have a Ion 330 where everything works perfect - so this is just a Vision 3D issue as far as I can tell.

Thank you.
Hello, yesterday i finally solved the sound issue. I had no sound while playing movies.

I have also an ASROCK ION 3d, and did the following:

When you are in XBMC, press CTRL-AL-F2 to go to the prompt. After logging in, type:
sudo aplay -l

There you will see your NVIDIA hdmi card. Check which card this one is and go back to XBMC.

In the System, Audiosettings of XBMC as set the parameters as follow:

HDMI audio mode.

Audio output device: Custom
then type: hwplug:1,3
(according to the result of aplay - l)

Passthrough output device : HDA NVIDIA HDMI

This worked for me. I have sound in my movies now, but not yet in the navigation menu, but that i will solve tonight.
I hope it will work for you.
Wow, thank you sir! I will try this as soon as I get home. I am a bit worried though.. you have the ION 3D.. I guess the Vision 3D is different. I will let you know how this goes. Thanks so much Smile

Cheers!
klauslunde Wrote:Wow, thank you sir! I will try this as soon as I get home. I am a bit worried though.. you have the ION 3D.. I guess the Vision 3D is different. I will let you know how this goes. Thanks so much Smile

Cheers!

did you have any luck with that ? I can see you were looking for help regarding a VISION 3d and not an ION, afaik they use different hardware.
I am interested because I am having the same issues with audio over hdmi

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Sound] Asrock Vision 3D0