[ATV2] Store database & content on network drive
XBMC has managed to fill the ATV's internal storage with all the thumbnails etc - is there any way that I can have XBMC store everything on a network location on my home network?
Thatgrumguy Wrote:XBMC has managed to fill the ATV's internal storage with all the thumbnails etc - is there any way that I can have XBMC store everything on a network location on my home network?

Path substitution to the rescue!

In your userdata folder make a new text document called "advancedsettings.xml" with the following content (if you already have this file, just add this text in there somewhere between the <advancedsettings> tags):

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
      <to>smb://somecomputer/folder/etc/Thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
Ned, another post I found whilst looking for this had the following:

Quote:<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
<to>smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Media/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Are you able to confirm which one is right, and also what ID/pass does the ATV2 use to connect to the SMB share as?
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
nsviper Wrote:Ned, another post I found whilst looking for this had the following:

Are you able to confirm which one is right, and also what ID/pass does the ATV2 use to connect to the SMB share as?

I am actually using

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
                <from>special://Thumbnails</from>
                <to>smb://user:password@server/share</to>
        </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>

It works but I'm not sure if it's better or worse than the other suggestions

mvh
Allan
And with the latest patches, you can use NFS too Smile
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
nsviper Wrote:Ned, another post I found whilst looking for this had the following:

IIRC, both do the same thing, but special:// is much easier to remember. I totally forgot about it!
For those of us unable to set up the centralize mysql library, could this potentially be a fix? How's the speed/responsiveness of the ATV when this is set up?
Just a quick note.. I had some issues regarding XBMC reading advancedsettings.xml .. Remember to "chown mobile:mobile advancedsettings.xml" *gg* makes it a HOLE lot easier for XBMC to read the file Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Store database & content on network drive0