• 4(current)
play Bluray iso with xbmc
now that you guys got iso settings to work, you can use the guides below to enjoy your favorite bd movie in dts-hs and truehd audio condecs.

you can launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. with your dts-hd/truehd capable video card and avr, you'll see dts-hd/truehd flash on your avr display. note- if you have any special playercorefactory configuration for external player, you might want to turn it off.

if you're using win7 mce, here are step by step to pass-through dts-hd and truehd codecs to your avr via hdmi:

1. download- w7 codec pack
2. download- shark007 32bit. if you're running w7 x64, you have to download this too- shark007 64-bit
3. follow this step by step visual instruction after 1&2 downloaded and the settings have to be correct for it to work properly- (dts-hd and truehd pass-through)

you'll see dts-hd and truehd display on your avr during bd playback. i tried gnomeo/juliet (dts-hd) and how to train your dragon (truehd) using both xbmc and mce, and both players can playback dts-hd and truehd fine.

enjoy it!
Hi,

you are talking about bitstreaming?
I thought PowerDVD is capable of passing through the Audio to AVR by default, isn't it?

What's the special deal with the xbmc folder-version you linked?
foxm2k Wrote:Hi,

you are talking about bitstreaming?
I thought PowerDVD is capable of passing through the Audio to AVR by default, isn't it?

What's the special deal with the xbmc folder-version you linked?
you're missing the big picture here. we're using xbmc for its superb library and gui features. the enclosed xbmc is capable of bitstreame dts-hd and truhd without an external player.

ofcourse the standalone powerdvd11 and tmt5 can bitstream dts-hd and truehd audio codecs without xbmc, but you still need xbmc to compile all your video, music, etc in a centralize location and it allow user to use their favorite mce remote control too.
Is this a preview version of eden?
I cannot run it because auf a missing msvcr100.dll and sqlite 3 components. I installed vc++ 2008 x86 redistributable for themsvcr100.dll, but it's still missing. What do I need to run this version of xbmc out of the folder?

I am missing two things in actual xbmc. #1 is the bitstreaming support for hd audio (which is upcomming with eden!?) and second is the support of bluray menu out of ripped disc-folders. And as I heard the second feature can not being expected so soon maybe never.
foxm2k Wrote:Is this a preview version of eden?
I cannot run it because auf a missing msvcr100.dll and sqlite 3 components. I installed vc++ 2008 x86 redistributable for themsvcr100.dll, but it's still missing. What do I need to run this version of xbmc out of the folder?

I am missing two things in actual xbmc. #1 is the bitstreaming support for hd audio (which is upcomming with eden!?) and second is the support of bluray menu out of ripped disc-folders. And as I heard the second feature can not being expected so soon maybe never.
please download 10.1 “Dharma”, but launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. you'll see all the goodies (dts-hd and truehd) in audio settings and you'll get dts-hd and truehd with your capable avr.
This is a really nice feature, tested it and it works great !
Have some hickups in the audio, every 4-5 seconds, need to sort that out.
I had Dharma installed already. Didn't work until I downloaded vc++ 2010 x86 redistributable (with 2008 it didn't work). Afterwards I found msvcr100.dll in syswow64 directory and your pre-11 version started. Looks extremely good to me! Big Grin According to the timeschedule... when can whe expect v.11 final? Now I will have a hard time waiting for it Wink

Unfortunately I will still have to use PowerDVD as xbmc will not support bd menus in the next couple of versions.
That is strange, i just checked and i don't have the vc++2010 x86 only the 2008 version and it works fine.
foxm2k Wrote:Didn't work until I downloaded vc++ 2010 x86 redistributable (with 2008 it didn't work).
i'm not sure why, but i didn't have to download it. it work fine on my htpc's without it.

one other note- if you don't like my backgrounds, you can change that too. i got those swoopy and bird backgrounds off the internet, and i thought that it is cool.
I had a clean install of windows and ckecked for msvcr100.dll with everything (http://www.voidtools.com --> it's fantastic, check it out if you don't know it already). File didn't exist on my system. Then installed vc++ 2008 runtime and checked again.. file didn't exist. Today installed vc++ 2010 runtime, checked again and now it is there in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and xbmc pre-11 is starting up.
foxm2k Wrote:I had a clean install of windows and ckecked for msvcr100.dll with everything (http://www.voidtools.com --> it's fantastic, check it out if you don't know it already). File didn't exist on my system. Then installed vc++ 2008 runtime and checked again.. file didn't exist. Today installed vc++ 2010 runtime, checked again and now it is there in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and xbmc pre-11 is starting up.
sorry, my htpc's works flawless "as is", and I don't need the tool in your link. i haven't update anything for ages. i haven't heard anyone need it either!
Not sure you messed it up. I was talking about two things... not having the library in a clean windows installation and a tool which searches your hard discs for filenames / folders in far less then a second by using the master file table (MFT). I have more then 500.000 files on my main windows system and can tell you wether there is a certain file anywhere or not instantly. Ever tried that with windows default search? Wink Just regard it as a hint to a great little tool that runs without installation. Now I will stop... and don't want to sell you something you don't want Smile
foxm2k Wrote:Not sure you messed it up. I was talking about two things... not having the library in a clean windows installation and a tool which searches your hard discs for filenames / folders in far less then a second by using the master file table (MFT). I have more then 500.000 files on my main windows system and can tell you wether there is a certain file anywhere or not instantly. Ever tried that with windows default search? Wink Just regard it as a hint to a great little tool that runs without installation. Now I will stop... and don't want to sell you something you don't want Smile
man, i thought that we're talking about iso and hd audio codecs and ways to configure xbmc to bitstream it all along. i didn't know you changed the subject to something else. i have 20-30 bd movies at the most, and that is all i can afford for now. i do not want any special library tool to run it. i'm trying to keep my setting as plain as possible!
Maybe it's because of the lack of my english skills...
We talked about a missing .dll file and I wanted to share a hint to a tool for searching hard discs for files and folders extremely fast what I really learned to appreciate.
Using default Windows search (CTRL + F in Windows Explorer) it takes me ~ 2 min to just make a search of msvcr100.dll or *.dll in just C:\Windows. Ever tried making a windows search *.dll in C:\ Takes up to 30 min with my windows installation.
Despite of the fact that I often have problems with the windows indexing service not having indexed folders that I'd like it to look through....
With a tool using the mft (like the one I linked) I make a search of *.dll in C:\ D:\ and E:\ and getting the complete list in 0,2 sec.
Sorry for getting way off topic here! Won't happen again, I promise.
I have been playing around with this external player and seem to have issues wit the playISO.bat file working well.

I keep getting this error in the log file

NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: "C:\Batch\playISO.bat" "Z:\3D_Vid\Legend.iso"
10:13:07 T:2632 M:2637074432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32 - Failure: 2
10:13:07 T:2632 M:2637074432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Stop

Any ideas what may be causing it?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
play Bluray iso with xbmc0