Eventghost doesnt communicate with XBMC
Hi
This is my first time to run XBMC dharma under Win7 (previously I am using XBMC live for about 1 years). XBMC runs fine, Eventghost runs fine, but they did not communicate with each other.
I am using a X10 remote control. In the eventghost config I have 2 plugins: X10 and XBMC2. If I press a button on my remote control I see the expected log output in the eventghost log.
My first big question is: Where is the eventserver menu in XBMC to activate the eventserver. I read the wiki entry but I cant find the described options. Maybe I am blind or stupid but I search all the menus without success.
Second question: Which port is used by the eventserver (I think it is port 9777 but setup this port in the eventghosts xbmc2 plugin does simply nothing! Maybe it does nothing because eventserver isn't running and I see no differences)
Third question: In the x10 plugin there is an option to configure the 'event prefix'. What is the correct value?

Please help a confused event ghost noob :confused2:
Jarny
Hardware:
1) PointOfView Intel Atom 330 Mainboard
2) Scenic-PC (2.9 GHz) with onboard Intel-Graphic 915g
Now I read thousands Wink of articles in this forum but I cant answer the simple question how the both applications are linked together SadConfused
Did they exchange their data over the httpapi or jsonrpc or (internal) eventserver?
And where the hell are these damn eventserver settings in xbmc??
I have read all tutorials but they doesn't work to me.

Can anybody answer the basic question over which interface does xbmc and eventghost communicate? If I know this it is easier for me to find out what is going wrong on my installation.

Regards
Jarny

FYI: I have activate all options in /Network settings/services/
allow programms on this system to control xbmc, etc...
Hardware:
In EG when you press a button do you see the corresponding XBMC function?
Hi Hitcher
When I press a button on the Remote control then I see the corresponding 'event' in the EG log. So now I guess these events are not processed by xbmc natively. (You know I am a noob with EG)
Hmmm Shocked, do I have to map those events to xbmc functions manually in EG?

Regards
Jarny
Hardware:
Hmmppffff Blush
No I understand how it works. That was the missing link. I had to assign the events to the xbmc actions manually. I tought this step was already done by the plugins and it works out of the box.

Thanks for pushing my to right direction
Jarny
Hardware:
Yeah all you do is drag the logged action onto the XBMC key action very easy Smile

Did you not look in the sticky ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46595
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eventghost doesnt communicate with XBMC0