Help with XBMC on my ATV2
I have XBMC version PRE-11.0 Compiled on June 23rd. I have a Netgear Readynas Duo working as my media server. I have 3 main problems at this point...

1.) MP3 playback not working. I read in the issues thread that I need to change the default player to DVD player by changing the advancedsettings.xml file, but how do I do this on an ATV. Do I need to send it via SSH?

2.)in my Videos>Files folder accessible from the GUI, I have a list of files including Media Server: ReadyNAS and some others that I dont want there. However when I highlight the file and press and hold the menu button I dont get an option to remove the file, only play, add to fav, add source, and set content. How do I get rid of this?

3.) Some videos are added to the correct folders in my media server, but when I rescan the library in XBMC is fails to see the videos and just ignores them. they are regular video files some tv shows and some movies. what am i doing wrong here?

I am connecting to my media server via SMB if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help
Well geting files of apple tv requres tool. This had been covered and ir depends on os you are running.
So you can't play your mp3 of samba share ? I had no issue adding samba share with mp3 and playing them.

So what if you create separate shares for tv shows and movies?
whats samba?
oh nm, samba is SMB right? I dont really know much about any of the protocols. is there any certain one that I should be using over the other? Currently I am running windows 7 on my computer, but will be upgrading to mac in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with XBMC on my ATV20