How to shuffle songs
How do i shuffle my songs
hit the 'random' button on the music osd.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Sorry for being a XBMC noob. But what is "music osd"? When I'm on my music entry in the main menu I can't see "random". Neither can I, when I'm in the music section.

I wonder how to shuffle my entire music collection.
Osd is the on screen display. So when playing music there should be a shuffle button when you bring up the osd with the centre button in the ATV remote.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Thx for your reply. And how'd I do shuffle on the desktop?
when you're in the playlist, bring up the op up bar on the left, select "shuffle"

PS: i recall seing skins that show player controls on the home screen while music is playing, including shuffle and repeat
Hey Horscht. Thanks for pointing this out. Guess they call it "Party mode" in v11 Eden. Works great. Smile
hm.... no, party mode is actually something different, but it's what I always use.

If you have created a playlist by queueing songs into it (I am not sure how to do that with an apple remote, though), you have the option to shuffle that particular playlist.

Party Mode simply takes your library, selects 10 songs and plays them. When a song is finished or skipped, that song will be removed from the playlist and another one drops in. It's the mode i use most of the time to listen to music Smile

PS: Party Mode has been in XBMC at least since Atlantis Big Grin
For queueing songs with the apple remote just select the song or folder and hold the menu button for getting into the context menu. Then "add to queue" or something like that...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to shuffle songs0