Option for saving tumbs and fanart inside the movie folder itslef
Hi, i have been using a nightly build (27-07) on an ipad and must congratulate the defs its awesome. I do have a feature request. Would it be possible to add an option for the inbuilt scrapers to save the thumbs and fanart inside the mysql database or inside the movie/music folders itself (which all reside on the nas).
Both have been possible for some time now.

changing the location of thumbs/fanart to a network share: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=837103&postcount=2

inside the movie folders themselves: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thu...Thumbnails
Thanks for the help. I did come across the <pathsubstitution> trick when searching for solutions but its not exactly what i want. If i get it right that places all the thumbs, fanart of the library inside one specified folder with the CRC of the path of the file or folder as a filename. What i would like is that every thumb/fanart of a certain movie gets placed inside the seperate folder containing the movie on the nas. I guess i could write a script that watches the crced folders and reverses that to the file path, names it folder.jpg or fanart.jpg and moves it to that file path. But that's a bit of a work around. Or do i miss something and is there an easier way ?
Rde01 Wrote:Thanks for the help. I did come across the <pathsubstitution> trick when searching for solutions but its not exactly what i want. If i get it right that places all the thumbs, fanart of the library inside one specified folder with the CRC of the path of the file or folder as a filename. What i would like is that every thumb/fanart of a certain movie gets placed inside the seperate folder containing the movie on the nas. I guess i could write a script that watches the crced folders and reverses that to the file path, names it folder.jpg or fanart.jpg and moves it to that file path. But that's a bit of a work around. Or do i miss something and is there an easier way ?

Then follow the second link. The .tbn files it talks about are just renamed .jpgs.
I followed the link but think i am missing something. It mentions that u can save thumbs yourself in the seperate movies folder itself but does not talk about an automated way to do this ? If i get a new movie named x and save it inside a folder named x i have to manualy put fanartjpg and folder.jpg in it. The scraper can not do that for me ?
Rde01 Wrote:I followed the link but think i am missing something. It mentions that u can save thumbs yourself in the seperate movies folder itself but does not talk about an automated way to do this ? If i get a new movie named x and save it inside a folder named x i have to manualy put fanartjpg and folder.jpg in it. The scraper can not do that for me ?

I am looking for this answer as well. Is there a way to automatically save metadata to a shared drive on PC?
Use ember media manager to do the scraping instead - it will create the nfo, jpg, tbn files in teh folder. Then XBMC will just pick up the files from there.
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
But then you use the adventage of the built in scraper. You have to start an external program etc... Maybe i should make a feature request for this in the main xbmc forum. It does not seem that hard to code since scrapers already check in those folders anyway ?
I use this feature all the Time. This program is very cool its has everything, the hard part is finding it sometimes ;-)

System> Video> Library> Export (Bam all you art saved to your folders :-) :-)

Tech below

If you choose to export to separate files you will also be asked if you want to export thumbnails and fanart as well.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Export_Library

Don't forget to thank me if its what you want, as maybe your need help in the future too
The artwork downloader program addon downloads all the media art that's available to use on xbmc and places it all correct file names like u specified in their correct movie/tv folders

It's all automated, just set the configuration to what u want it to download and run it Smile
Now that we have exported all fanart to the movie/tv-folders, would it be possible somehow to run Library mode directly from the directories, not caching thumbs locally in XBMC?

The reason for asking is because whenever I move the database to a new installation and in the same process changing username/password on the share, it breaks all the thumbs because the hash doesn't match up anymore. It should be simple, if all movies and shows have the artwork/nfo locally?
(2012-01-30, 22:51)danfozzy Wrote: The artwork downloader program addon downloads all the media art that's available to use on xbmc and places it all correct file names like u specified in their correct movie/tv folders

It's all automated, just set the configuration to what u want it to download and run it Smile

What if I don't want to put all the artwork in each folder? What if I want to have a central location where everything is?
(2013-01-15, 10:35)hshah Wrote:
(2012-01-30, 22:51)danfozzy Wrote: The artwork downloader program addon downloads all the media art that's available to use on xbmc and places it all correct file names like u specified in their correct movie/tv folders

What if I don't want to put all the artwork in each folder? What if I want to have a central location where everything is?

I am running in to the same problem. the artwork downloader does not add any files to my library. it only adds them to the xbmc folder.
I am in the same boat,

I have all my films and TV Shows layed out in folders , with fanart and posterart on my NAS Media server

NASShare/Movies/Title (year).avi
NASShare/Movies/Title (year).tbn
NASShare/Movies/Title (year).nfo
NASShare/Movies/Title (year)-fanart.jpg

I would like my Kodi to point to this and referance the information within each film / sub folder film

I have created the MySql referance but I can't find a way to get this to work, as at the moment it is referanceing the local Kodi hard drive for this information. In time I will be added more Kodi devices to my media enveronment and I would like them to all have the same information.
Then do what was suggested in the other posts? Kodi will always load local files like that before scraping information off of the internet. After that it caches images locally in the userdata (wiki) folder. If you want those images to be placed on the NAS then you must use path subs (wiki), but that will greatly decrease library's speed. You also need to make a different NAS image folder location for each Kodi instance, so that each machine can cache images at the right size for that machine and not have any conflicts or corrupted image files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option for saving tumbs and fanart inside the movie folder itslef1