This IS NOT even BETA yet.
This is akin to a cook making a brand new meal he's tried a few times before but changes the recipe every time and is making everything from scratch.
So the expectation is that it will be buggy, even core functionality. We're not here to complain, whine, or wonder. We're here to help uncover bugs, troubleshoot and assist devs in any way possible.
Asking for older builds, wondering an ETA on anything dev related (you can feel free to bug me if I haven't put out a release quick enough tho) or anything like that will be at best ignored, deleted, or poked and prodded.
And to everyone helping, all the mods who diligently answer the same questions over and over, I personally thank you and the whole team appreciates it. I've always said my personal goal is to answer stuff so the devs can stay on track and not have to answer questions as much and it makes me smile seeing so many others stepping up.
We're now over half a million views between the threads and easily 300gb/mo transfer of just this build alone and the excitement and popularity is not going unnoticed and it's because of all of you it's stayed manageable to ANY degree at all.
PRE-REQS: (or why to not use this build)
- NON COMMAND LINE FRIENDLY. I am enforcing this heavily. If you need to ask about any unix commands, you shouldn't be on this build, otherwise we will delete your post.
- People who don't want to participate in testing
- Something newcomers should not use. If you haven't used XBMC before the XBMC-IOS port, please don't use this build.
- Replacement for your (insert stable platform here). Someday it will be there. Hopefully with help!
- Repeating any info you see in this thread, or even on the rest of the forum, is just going to get your post deleted. So read up. And again. and again.
iOS 4.3: (yes, this applies again)
- DO NOT UPDATE.
- iOS 4.3 update - This will crash XBMC, unless you block hosts: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106747 and/or install updatebegone from NitoTV.
INSTRUCTIONS for ATV2:
After you've installed the official XBMC build, SSH into your atv2 (IP is under System > System Info in XBMC) and type:
- wget (use url below for ATV2)
- dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
- rm latest_atv2.deb
To upgrade, just do this again. To downgrade simply reinstall from NitoTV, or find an older nightly. You must install the official XBMC build first to make sure dependencies are handled.
CAVEATS TO THIS BUILD:
- MySQL Remote Library - IF YOU USE THIS FUNCTIONALITY, THIS BUILD WILL UPDATE YOUR DATABASE. So remove the advancedsettings.xml settings for mysql if you're worried about corrupting the DB. Be sure to switch all other machines to nightlies.
- Skins - Since we're on trunk, most skins aren't updated to TRUNK yet, so they don't work. This has nothing to do with the build and posts related to Skins will be deleted.
- Audio - Audio is not perfect. We hope AudioEngine is merged in helps this. If it works for you, great! If not, please hold off posting reports until AE is merged in.
- Only 2 viz's are ported for music, need to port the rest to openGLES.
- Test patterns needs to be ported to openGLES(thanks Konrad77)
- Slow loading thumbnails / slow media playback start (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=850...tcount=977)
- Turning off DTS/AC3 fixes buffering media on SMB/NFS sometimes (thanks Konrad77)
- ISO Playback - Works on images that aren't CSS encrypted. This is because of libdecss. Someone port it to iOS, then maybe someone can look at it. (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=863...stcount=55) Otherwise decrypt your iso's.
- Thumbnails turning blue (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106450)
- Multicore A5 support on iPad 2
- HTTPS not working (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=857...count=1015)
- Issues with DAAP (should be fixed in trunk, pls test) (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=852...count=1007)
- VOBSUB subtitles in MKV displayed incorrectly after mkclean (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=865...stcount=82, thanks rof-x!)
- Every initial report must include a .log link with debugging enabled. It's easy to tell now because when debugging is enabled theres 3 lines of txt across the screen.
- If this is a media playback issue, you must run 'mediainfo' and cut up a sample of the file.
HERE IS A POST ABOUT THE PROPER WAY TO REPORT A PROBLEM WITH XBMC:
I'm not going to require it for now, but it's a good starting point. If you don't follow ANYTHING above, your post will be deleted.
Short Changelog should always been found on the 2nd post, below this one.
Download dir (to check build dates):