Harmony One, MCE Keyboard device not working
I am having this problem too if anyone can help?

I am using this ir receiver: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Control-...roduct_top

Which i presume must work because i have the Microsoft ehome infrared listed in my devices/drivers.

I can get the my harmony one to work fine in xbmc using it as a mce controller but i am unable to do keyboard specific action, which i want such as context menu and info. For this i try to add MCE keyboard and just as op explain i get no blink on the ir receiver or anything?
(2011-08-15, 17:05)ptaylor999 Wrote:
outatouch0 Wrote:I am a little confused about your setup and exactly what you are attempting to do here. Please tell us more specifics about your hardware and your settings.

I too had difficulty initially. As it turned out I was making it harder than it actually was. I DID NOT NEED any other software, DID NOT NEED the MCE add-on/plugin from the XBMC repository. These things control how the IR receiver functions with Windows.
As JR said, if your IR receiver is an R6 or eHome device you are fine. Check your device manager - Infra Red devices for the "eHome" driver. JR's MCE addon/plugin is designed for these. However, I found I did not need it nor any other configurations on the Windows side of things.

All that was required was finding the chart in the wiki that indicates what keyboard button presses = which XBMC commands. Under Activities in the harmony software simply set them to match up with the buttons on your Harmony remote.

It sounds to me like you might be trying to set up your remote as both an MCE remote AND MCE keyboard. You only need to set it up as MCE keyboard.
Keep in mind, the "MCE keyboard" is an "imaginary device" as you likely don't really have one. You are simply telling the Remote to control the keyboard or to act as if it were a keyboard. (credit to JR for his patience in helping me grasp the above concepts).

Hi Outatouch.

Here's a quick run-down on my configuration:

- Newly built HTPC running Windows 7 Ultimate and the latest public build of XBMC.
- Harmony One remote
- XBMC is configured to run TMT5 for ISOs, via AutoFrequency
- XBMC is configured to run MPC-HC for all other file types, via AutoFrequency.

Not sure what other info you would need, but I'm happy to provide any stats you require if I've missed anything.

I think I do understand the concepts you're outlining here. The main one being that I need to set up my Harmony One with the MCE Keyboard config as it will hand off a keyboard control structure to the Harmony. I also understand that none of this can take place if I don't have the correct IR receiver, which I DO NOT (Thanks to JR for pointing this out to me). So my only real problem now is getting my hands on the correct reciever.

Would you agree?

Do you have any product recommendations for me, that would either BE or include an eHome or RC6 IR receiver?

Thanks for the help, Outa. It's very much appreciated.

Can hou tell me more about why you use mpc-hc for playback? And whats autofrequency?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony One, MCE Keyboard device not working0