Scraping - Custom Directory Structure & File Names
Question 
Good Afternoon,

Looking at the wiki page ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows_(Video_Library) ) I see you can use custom naming for scrapers, which is great. I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand with getting my head round how this works? First off I'm at work at the moment so I have no means of testing this I just wanted to get a head start for when I get home.

My naming convention is as follows:

Show\Season 01\[ep01] - Name Of Episode.avi

Looking at the wiki page I presume I should use something like this:

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ][0]*([0-9]+)[\\/][ep[0]*([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Hopefuly this should work (granted this is just a guess). However I do see some problems arising:

- Quantity of seasons and episodes:

:: Some shows have more than 9 seasons. So the 0 before 1-9 would be void:

“Season 08, Season 09, Season 10, Season 11”

:: Some (if not most) Seasons have more than nine episdoes:

“[ep08] - Ep Name
[ep09] - Ep Name
[ep10] - Ep Name
[ep11] - Ep Name”

- Square bracket: Would these interfere with being picked up in the HTML? (sorry if I worded that incorrectly).

- 2/3 (or more) part episodes:

Unfortunately my multi part episodes are names in two conventions:

[ep01-02] - Ep Name
or
[ep01a] - Ep Name (p1)
[ep01b] - Ep Name (p2)

How would I tackle this? (Can I input the information manually for these episodes? If so is there a way to make sure it is not over written)?

Thanks in advance.
Two things I am not sure of is I am not positive that it will search the entire file path or just the name. you may be required to put the season in the file name. Also, square brackets are probably not a problem as many people use those for things like [blueray].

I think the way I would tackle your issue is by using a batch renamer and changing all the file names you currently have to something a little more standard. The format that I would suggest is something like:

/tv/season 01/S01E01 - episode title.mkv

That is just my 2 cents for what it is worth.

SoBBie
super_sobbie Wrote:Two things I am not sure of is I am not positive that it will search the entire file path or just the name. you may be required to put the season in the file name. Also, square brackets are probably not a problem as many people use those for things like [blueray].

I think the way I would tackle your issue is by using a batch renamer and changing all the file names you currently have to something a little more standard. The format that I would suggest is something like:

/tv/season 01/S01E01 - episode title.mkv

That is just my 2 cents for what it is worth.

SoBBie

Thanks for the suggestion, I will probably end up doing something like that if I can't get it to work.

On the plus side, the bit of code I posted worked. As long as each show has a season folder (which 90% do). So I got it right. I just need to tweak it now.

I don't know if I should post this as a new subject but maybe someone can help here.

I have some shows which are two small episodes in one file but XBMC will only recognise it as which ever the first number is.

For example:

[ep01-02] - First Episode Name + Second Episode Name

Is there anything I can do in this instance?
If not I will just split the files, which isn't too much hassle really.

Thanks in advance,
Knottyboy Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, I will probably end up doing something like that if I can't get it to work.

On the plus side, the bit of code I posted worked. As long as each show has a season folder (which 90% do). So I got it right. I just need to tweak it now.

I don't know if I should post this as a new subject but maybe someone can help here.

I have some shows which are two small episodes in one file but XBMC will only recognise it as which ever the first number is.

For example:

[ep01-02] - First Episode Name + Second Episode Name

Is there anything I can do in this instance?
If not I will just split the files, which isn't too much hassle really.

Thanks in advance,

Name them:
S01E01-S01E02 episode name + episode name
Or in your case.
Ep01-ep02 episode name + episode name.
Scrapers don't use the episode name just the numbers.
If even more episodes in on file name it:
Ep01-ep02-ep03 and so on....
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping - Custom Directory Structure & File Names0