Remote setup with EventGhost Question
Was using MCERemote, but decided to give EventGhost a try instead because of my setup... I have a computer running XBMC on a TV, at the same time I'll use the computer with my monitor. Problem was that my remote wouldn't work unless the XBMC was the active screen.

Anyway, after some trial and error I finally figured out how EventGhost works and so far so good... however...

I have the basic buttons set up under XBMC2->Buttons->Remote only.

Do I need to setup the buttons under Actions and Windows as well? Can I assign an event to 2 different actions? I'm not sure if the action changes based on which screen you are in for XBMC so having an event assigned in 2 places is fine, or if it will mess things up.

ie. Actions-General-Left vs Buttons-Remote-Left

Seem to be about the same thing. Should I assign the action to both or not needed?

Seems to be way, way more macros listed than buttons on the remote which is why I'm asking. Also I may want 1 button to do one thing when watching video, and something different when playing music.

Figured ask the experts before I screw up what I have finally working.

Thanks

Oh, I have an HP Remote and Receiver
eBay
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
Nothin'? That's a shame... hoped someone might know... tried the EventGhost forums before for other things and very unhelpful.

Well, if anyone knows please post. Thanks.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
I found the XBMC2 Plugin forum helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote setup with EventGhost Question0