SMB shares not showing up?
I gave up on Boxee and decided to go with the xbmc on atv2 option, and while my jailbreak and xbmc installation went swimmingly, I cannot, for the life of me, seem to get this thing to recognize any of my shared files.

It doesn't even seem to see the computer they're on. I know there's probably something dumb and obvious I am missing, but if I have to type my server name and share folders out using this apple remote one more time, I might die. I've been doing this for an hour.

When I attempt to browse to my server, it's not there.

When I attempt to manually enter my server name, I get either "connection refused" or "connection timed out." I made sure the guest account is on and has full control permission of the shared folder.

Please help me before I lose my marbles.
Three hours now. Ready to go find a high cliff to jump off of.
mrsalive Wrote:I gave up on Boxee and decided to go with the xbmc on atv2 option, and while my jailbreak and xbmc installation went swimmingly, I cannot, for the life of me, seem to get this thing to recognize any of my shared files.

It doesn't even seem to see the computer they're on. I know there's probably something dumb and obvious I am missing, but if I have to type my server name and share folders out using this apple remote one more time, I might die. I've been doing this for an hour.

When I attempt to browse to my server, it's not there.

When I attempt to manually enter my server name, I get either "connection refused" or "connection timed out." I made sure the guest account is on and has full control permission of the shared folder.

Please help me before I lose my marbles.

What is your file server? Ie Mac osx lion? Or windows 3.1?
mrsalive Wrote:Three hours now. Ready to go find a high cliff to jump off of.

turn on your wireless access point or plug in your Ethernet cable

or

maybe post some logs and more info, my magic 8 ball is broken
Sad 
Smb shares are on a windows vista machine. I've tried wired and wireless. I've tried logging in with no username and password, ad I've tried creating a username and password. I've tries with simple sharing turned on and turned off. I've tries using the server computer's name, ip address...

I know there's probably some super simple stupid obvious piece of the puzzle I'm missing but I tried for hours and hours with no results. So frustrated.
chuckles Wrote:turn on your wireless access point or plug in your Ethernet cable

or

maybe post some logs and more info, my magic 8 ball is broken

What kind of logs would help, and how do I get to them?
Also, I swear I'm not an idiot, posting from my phone just makes me look that way. :\
mrsalive Wrote:What kind of logs would help, and how do I get to them?

Check the stickys, it's all there
I too have the same problem..Please some one provide the solution..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB shares not showing up?0