Zotac releases ZBOX nano
Perhaps it is the media I am using for my tests. I am quite new to 1080p, but spent years with DVD rips on the Xbox classic. What I recall from back then was that full DVD rips, even though larger, would play smoother than even slightly compressed DVD rips. I am starting to think it is the same with 1080p.

Currently I am using mostly a 20gb rip of Back to the Future for my tests. Aside from the fact it is one of my favorite movies and as such can stomach watching it over and over while testing, I find the opening panning scene around Doc's lab is a really good indicator. Even though the status screen may indicate 0 dropped frames, I can easily see issues with unsmooth panning and/or audio drops that are not present when I play the same file on a faster delivery platform. Perhaps I should use a full size rip or perhaps I am just being more critical than the average bear.
phoenix2000 Wrote:Perhaps it is the media I am using for my tests. I am quite new to 1080p, but spent years with DVD rips on the Xbox classic. What I recall from back then was that full DVD rips, even though larger, would play smoother than even slightly compressed DVD rips. I am starting to think it is the same with 1080p.
it's possible that how you ripped it might be the cause. for me, i'm keep everything in its original form by ripped it as iso file. i have several john wayne movies, and it seems to playback fine too!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
steve1977 Wrote:3) The Windows button from the remote pulls up windows media center. Any idea how to disable this? Quite sure that it will be an easy one?
On my W7 laptop, I have the same problem
I deactivated media center
(add/delete programs / windows programs / multimedia / uncheck Media center / reboot)
Jean-Max

OpenELEC on 2 ZBOX
KODI on 4 Windows PC
r2504 Wrote:Ow... the little box has no optical out ?
With my AD10, I am obliged to extract audio numeric signal from HDMI because I have not an HDMI receiver and I have an projector instead of a flat screen

Some HDMI switchs have an optical and/or an coax audio output..
Jean-Max

OpenELEC on 2 ZBOX
KODI on 4 Windows PC
Hello guys, can anyone tell me if I can install an external Blu-Ray drive via USB?

If yes, how it performs?

Thanks!
steve1977 Wrote:Running into yet another issue. Everything went well as long as I had the Nano connected to my 720p LCD.

Now, I connected it to a new 1080p LCD over HDMI. Everything is ok, but from time to time the screen "blinks black". Basically, <1sec of black screen and then back to the skin. Truly annoying. Any ideas?

Any idea how to solve this? I read about the need to calibrate, but have no idea what it takes to stop this occasional black blinks. Any ideas? This basically prevents me from using it as HTPC.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Arkymedes Wrote:Hello guys, can anyone tell me if I can install an external Blu-Ray drive via USB?

If yes, how it performs?

Thanks!
one of this should work- Blu-Ray USB External Player DVDRW
steve1977 Wrote:Any idea how to solve this? I read about the need to calibrate, but have no idea what it takes to stop this occasional black blinks. Any ideas? This basically prevents me from using it as HTPC.
have you up date your video driver from here- Graphics Drivers & Software. after you updated it, you can adjust the screen resolution in catalyst control center to match the actual hdtv screen. in xbmc, you can do as shown below:

you can try different options in these settings to see what work best on your htpc

if you happen to connect your htpc this way- htpc>avr>hdtv via hdmi cables, you can set avr to pass-through video.
i was going to get one of these for a friend, what are peoples thoughts on this small device, can it play most files with out any problems, and it it quiet, I would like to use openelec on this and wondering if thats advisable

Paul
Paulkai Wrote:i was going to get one of these for a friend, what are peoples thoughts on this small device, can it play most files with out any problems, and it it quiet, I would like to use openelec on this and wondering if thats advisable

Paul

Haven't heard much about the Nano except for this one who is having some problems regarding streaming over wifi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac releases ZBOX nano0