[ATV2] just updated to latest nightly and now none of my settings are saved
I just updated xbmc to the latest nightly, everything works fine except when i change skin or change a view mode, the settings don't save, and when i relaunch xbmc it takes me back to the confluence skin. I have it set to Alaska Revisited. Anyone know what the issue might be?
do you guys think it could be a permission problem? Because i did backup both my addon and userdata folder and replaced them upon updating to the latest nightly build. I'm thinking maybe it threw my permissions or owner out of whack? i notice that the owner of my xml files are owner "root". Should it be mobile?
turbinez Wrote:do you guys think it could be a permission problem? Because i did backup both my addon and userdata folder and replaced them upon updating to the latest nightly build. I'm thinking maybe it threw my permissions or owner out of whack? i notice that the owner of my xml files are owner "root". Should it be mobile?

Yes, it should be mobile. In future, if you're going to backup your settings, log in as user "mobile" to do so. Only upgrade XBMC as user "root".

To fix the problem: (from the FAQ)

Quote:Q: Settings are not saved, updates don't work, clone settings from any XBMC to ATV2
A: Fix the permissions of the data folder by doing the following in ssh:

Code:
chown -R mobile:mobile /User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Cranial, thanks so much. You're a life saver!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] just updated to latest nightly and now none of my settings are saved0