[ATV2] no sound upon XBMC startup screen and menus
on my original ATV1, when I launch XBMC, i get this startup chime sound, and also in the menus when I click. However in ATV2, I have none of those sounds whatsoever. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? I am using the latest nightly 09-05-11 build.
please read the faq.
turbinez Wrote:on my original ATV1, when I launch XBMC, i get this startup chime sound, and also in the menus when I click. However in ATV2, I have none of those sounds whatsoever. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? I am using the latest nightly 09-05-11 build.

sorry ... but this is the 3rd thread i read from you where the solution was already in a FAQ. Please try to read the stuff we write before posting a thread. Its not that we mind helping people - but allways think of "the more we support, the less we code".

bye

Memphiz
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My apologies, but I did read the faq, and it didn't find any information that solved my problem. All I saw for sound was the receiver thing. And I don't have a Denon or Sony but a old Pioneer DD5.1 receiver
To be fair, guys, the answer to turbinez's question doesn't appear to be in the FAQ as far as I can see.

turbinez: Menu sounds are not currently working on the ATV2.

Perhaps that information should be added to the FAQ? Or at least the Known Issues thread.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Ok i don't want to be unfair ... but:

1. Question [ATV2] just updated to latest nightly and now none of my settings are saved
1. Answer: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...failing.3F

2. Question: [ATV2] how do you find out what version of XBMC you have installed?
2. Answer: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...running.3F (i admit this one is not up to date - but it would have lead him to "SysInfo" which you can't oversee when marking the System Main Menu point)

3. Question: how can you update XBMC on ATV2?
3. Answer: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...OS_on_ATV2

4. Question this thread here.
4. Answer: well not in the FAQ (i admit again and will add it) - but searching the atv2 forum for "sound" you hit http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=sound on the first page.

nvm ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I've been eyeballing the forum FAQ and the wiki FAQ and thinking about how to merge them and make everything readable and easy. Maybe some kind of "branching FAQ" (we can use show/hide boxes, multiple pages, and other stuff so it's not a WALL OF TEXT at first). If anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know, or even dive into the wiki itself. If you need more access in the wiki also let me know (with your wiki username).

The fact that we have two FAQs in the first place is kinda odd and confusing. Hopefully we'll have some better "synergy" between the forums and the wiki once more people become comfortable with the wiki.
Ned Scott Wrote:I've been eyeballing the forum FAQ and the wiki FAQ and thinking about how to merge them and make everything readable and easy. Maybe some kind of "branching FAQ" (we can use show/hide boxes, multiple pages, and other stuff so it's not a WALL OF TEXT at first). If anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know, or even dive into the wiki itself. If you need more access in the wiki also let me know (with your wiki username).

The fact that we have two FAQs in the first place is kinda odd and confusing. Hopefully we'll have some better "synergy" between the forums and the wiki once more people become comfortable with the wiki.

Definitely confusing having a forum-based FAQ and a wiki one. Since the wiki is more powerful (formatting), I think we should have the one-and-only FAQ there (merging the forum-based FAQ into the wiki FAQ). Just having the automatic wiki TOC would make the forum-based FAQ more readable.

The existing FAQ thread could link to the wiki FAQ and wiki install instructions... as well as contain posts to discuss questions that should be added to the Wiki FAQ.
jd2157 Wrote:Definitely confusing having a forum-based FAQ and a wiki one. Since the wiki is more powerful (formatting), I think we should have the one-and-only FAQ there (merging the forum-based FAQ into the wiki FAQ). Just having the automatic wiki TOC would make the forum-based FAQ more readable.

The existing FAQ thread could link to the wiki FAQ and wiki install instructions... as well as contain posts to discuss questions that should be added to the Wiki FAQ.

I'll start a new thread here in a bit for a "call for help" for anyone who wants to brainstorm ideas about what our new omni FAQ would look like. I'm thinking something like a basic FAQ at first, then one that dives a bit deeper. And like you said, we have lots of formatting options available, inline pictures, and more! I'm liking this idea more and more. I'll probably post a new thread as soon as I'm done with a few posts here and walk my dog.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] no sound upon XBMC startup screen and menus0